Analysis Pass mark for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sad how I was more worried about St Kilda and Melbourne back to back in rounds 14 and 15 then Sydney and Hawthorn when the draw came out.
Well I was right...

I think we can all agree that this season is already a massive fail.

The biggest thing that needs to be improved is our scoring ability.

Times we have kicked 10 goals or less in a game:

1. vs Sydney 60pts
4. vs Collingwood 49pts
6. vs Fremantle 52pts
9. vs Richmond 59pts
10. vs Geelong 53pts
11. vs West Coast 46pts
14 vs St Kilda 52pts

7 times in 13 games where we have failed to score more than 10 goals. That is unacceptable. only scored above 100 twice.

At least the defence held up right? Nope. Completely fell away the last month.

Massive changes need to be made in the off season. I'd even be willing to trade someone like Carlisle if a good opportunity arises.

What is considered a pass mark?

To me, winning a final is a must. No win and it's an automatic fail (ASADA stuff aside).

Also, we cannot lose to a bottom four team. Cannot be in top 4 contention if they continue losing games against these teams. Sick of a Melbourne or St Kilda loss putting us out of contention.

Another thing I'm looking for in 2015 is putting sides away. All of Bulldogs x2, St Kilda, Melbourne, Brisbane, GWS, Carlton and an under strength Gold Coast were in a position to win the game in the 4th quarter (with two of them being losses and a draw). That's all of the bottom 7. Even the average sides put these teams away.

You could argue that one of Hawthorn or Geelong should have been a win. That EF against North pretty much summed up the year.
Please give me back what we had in 2014 :cry:

What an absolute disaster of a season

I think what's most dissapointing is that 2014 and the team finally makes the final series and has this amazing chance to beat North Melbourne and to then have a great run through to the prelim final.. Best chance ever for the Dons to tighten the screws and just win a couple of games and suddenly they are in a prelim..all they had to do was play four quarters for two games...they would have beaten North and then beaten Geelong who weren't playing great football at the time..

Now here we are in 2015 and beyond and it's all just a bit depressing considering that Essendon now have one of the worst records of not making finals in the league over the past 15 years...

It makes you very nostalgic as a fan of the 80s/90s era...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to look back and see some people lecturing everyone that our list is clearly no good and we're insane to think otherwise set such high pass marks...
I think the general consensus was that we might drop off a bit due to the saga to finish maybe 10th minimum...

Nek minnit bottom 4.

The game changed when WADA appealed. They had to psychologically crack at some point
The good thing about that is that our injuries have meant that we wouldn't have done all that good anyway.

I think the general consensus was that we might drop off a bit due to the saga to finish maybe 10th minimum...

Nek minnit bottom 4.
The general consensus in this thread seems to be that a pass mark would be winning a final and we should be gunning for top 4.

Pass mark: Know exactly where every player is at on the list and what is needed and who is expendable.
2015 team photo

The_Expendables_3_37858.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back