Past Adam Hartlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 23. Adam Hartlett

Good youngster whom I rate, hopefully will be in our best 22 by the end of the season, and get over his injury worries which have been a nightmare for him in the past.

Has a big kick on him and wouldn't mind seeing him play down back or up forward, but we'd be a bit too top heavy then. WILL BE A GUN! Just very unlucky with injuries.

Good youngster whom I rate, hopefully will be in our best 22 by the end of the season, and get over his injury worries which have been a nightmare for him in the past.

Has a big kick on him and wouldn't mind seeing him play down back or up forward, but we'd be a bit too top heavy then. WILL BE A GUN! Just very unlucky with injuries.

Would be great to see him get some confidence in the two's. He will wait to replace a tall in the case of injury, but would be good if he could force his selection with some form with the Ants.
Starting to give us some depth.:thumbsu:

i saw his game, was very impressed with his game, thought he read the play really well, his not scared either, he doesnt like getting pushed around and if anyone does he doesnt backdown, nice booming kick, only really worry was his disposal when under pressure he just seemed to put it on the boot and kick it as far as he could... other than that he was a delight to watch

i saw his game, was very impressed with his game, thought he read the play really well, his not scared either, he doesnt like getting pushed around and if anyone does he doesnt backdown, nice booming kick, only really worry was his disposal when under pressure he just seemed to put it on the boot and kick it as far as he could... other than that he was a delight to watch

Thats a concern. In the seniors he will have heaps more pressure, far less time.
Still waiting for him to dominate the VFL, he needs to start repaying the faith shown in him through his injuries. I'm hoping for a very solid second half of the season, big uninjured pre-season, then pushing very hard for selection next year.........will only get selected this season (in his current form) if several players get injured at once (Thornton, Waite, Fisher, Whitnall).
Having said that Bower will want to produce something this week (if he isn't dropped for Blackwell or Thornton).

Thats a concern. In the seniors he will have heaps more pressure, far less time.
Still waiting for him to dominate the VFL, he needs to start repaying the faith shown in him through his injuries. I'm hoping for a very solid second half of the season, big uninjured pre-season, then pushing very hard for selection next year.........will only get selected this season (in his current form) if several players get injured at once (Thornton, Waite, Fisher, Whitnall).
Having said that Bower will want to produce something this week (if he isn't dropped for Blackwell or Thornton).

I'm not too concerned about that-I watched the game and I only saw it happen once, and it wasn't Adam's fault. The ball came to him (don't remember if it was kicked or handballed to him) and he was under immense pressure from an opponent, and really had no other option besides to bomb it long, because he didn't want to give a free away.

Harts played very well and would be close to senior selection. Just needs to put in a few more solid performances before he gets a game with the Blues. He is tough at it, and it's great to see that his injuries haven't hampered his long kicking-his goal was an absolute beauty.

Harts played very well and would be close to senior selection. Just needs to put in a few more solid performances before he gets a game with the Blues. He is tough at it, and it's great to see that his injuries haven't hampered his long kicking-his goal was an absolute beauty.

Have to agree with that. It was the first full Bullants game I watched last night and whilst Hartlett is dominating like I wanted him to he didn't do too much wrong. Seems pretty composed, is a fair unit, bit of mongrel, can take a grab and is versatile. Definitely should be close to senior selection :thumbsu:

I liked what I saw in the pre-season, but if JK goes back and does really well for a couple of weeks you can't see Harts getting in the queue ahead of him.

Very happy he gets his chance this Saturday. I hope he proves he will make it, and I hope this isn't the debut where he spends 20 minutes on the field and 100 minutes on the pine.

Good luck Harts.

Very happy he gets his chance this Saturday. I hope he proves he will make it, and I hope this isn't the debut where he spends 20 minutes on the field and 100 minutes on the pine.

Good luck Harts.

That news to me, good to hear. Hopefully he makes the most of the opportunity.

Has had a lucky break IMO.....but I really hope he makes the most of it.
FWIW I liked what I saw pre-season, just hope he brings his A-game with him on Sat.....and not his Ants game.

Good luck Harts.:thumbsu:

Might just give JK a kick in the pants to compete for his spot too......can't hurt.:)

Besides his early fumble (nerves, big stage etc), I thought Harts looked good in his limited game time. Tackling was excellent, and did a few good things. I hope he is persisted with.

Besides his early fumble (nerves, big stage etc), I thought Harts looked good in his limited game time. Tackling was excellent, and did a few good things. I hope he is persisted with.

I thought he was very very ordinary ( apart from one tackle) He is obviously not ready to play at this level just yet .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laid a superb tackle to keep us in the game.
Should have won a free kick vs Welsh for a more blatant shove in the back than Richo's..........bottom sides always get screwed.

Needs to be persisted with but may get the arse in favour of some midfield legs for the dogs match.

Hopefully we persist with him and give him another two years to prove himself given the injuries he's had and the fact KPP take longer.

I hope Adam can repeat the efforts of Hawthorn's Tim Boyle who had two broken legs early in his career and played good footy after playing just the two games last year. Hartlett has the size, skill, aggression and marking ability to make it and might develop into the goalkicker we need to complement Fev.

Adam is definitely a better kick than Waite and Fisher if you look at the distance he can kick, but lacks their speed and athleticism which makes them so hard to match up on.

His debut wasn't as bad as Bluesman said.

He looked OK after a nervous start which is only natural unless you're a freak like Bryce and Marc.

That tackle was brilliant for a man that big.

Hopefully we persist with him and give him another two years to prove himself given the injuries he's had and the fact KPP take longer.

I hope Adam can repeat the efforts of Hawthorn's Tim Boyle who had two broken legs early in his career and played good footy after playing just the two games last year. Hartlett has the size, skill, aggression and marking ability to make it and might develop into the goalkicker we need to complement Fev.

Adam is definitely a better kick than Waite and Fisher if you look at the distance he can kick, but lacks their speed and athleticism which makes them so hard to match up on.

His debut wasn't as bad as Bluesman said.

He looked OK after a nervous start which is only natural unless you're a freak like Bryce and Marc.

That tackle was brilliant for a man that big.

Exactly, one bad mistake due to nerves, but when he was on late he was good I thought, given my expectations. Hope he gets another chance soon.

Played well in South Africa vs Freo but........again......pulled up with a Hammy at training before the Port game last week.

Was in the squad for last night but obviously needs to get some fitness back. Played with the Bullants and kicked 4 goals in a half.

I have my doubts as to whether he will ever be fit enough to play a full season......I hope I'm wrong.

My new buddy.

Really hoping he can stay fit and firing thi season and play 22 games. Has had a good pre-season after a shaky start. Kicked 4 in SA and 4 in a half for the Ants 2 weeks later. Then against WC while not named in the best he did kick and goal and the commentators made refference to his good work.

Yesterday in the intra club game he played CHF and lead up the ground well. Someone on TC mentioned that he took 9 marks and kicked a goal (45 out froma tight angle). Can anyone confirm if with respect to the marks that this is around abouts right? If so this a really good effort and exactly what we need from him.

Based on the attributes he has I'm really hoping he can start round 1 at CHF and hold that position throughout the year with no injuries.:thumbsu:

I wouldn't take the risk on picking Hartlett in either SC or DT.

If fit will be a very valuable player for the Blues on the field but I don't think he's the type of player that will score consistently well.

Will play his fair share of games this year I would have thought, and will be given every opportunity to make CHF his own. If, and it's a big if, he remains injury free, I think he'll make it.

Hartlett has had to change his running style to prevent him from ripping his hamstrings again.

Watching him last Friday, it was good to see him sprint with his head down, taking short steps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back