Past Adam Hartlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 23. Adam Hartlett

Acted like a ******** when he cost us alot of momentum and concentration by wacking Howat off the ball to fire the Tigers up. He looked fired up and at least has white line fever, but needs to re-direct his anger into his game and not playing the man.
Was at the game but don't remember the incident - when did it happen and where?

I like the aggressive look of this guy but am wondering why he has not developed a physically imposing body. Is it because of his injuries? I would expect him to have a stronger upper body and be more imposing in the forward 50. It looks though from the weekend that he tried playing fishers role and looked horrible. Cannot see him in the side for much longer unless he supports fev inside 50. Thoughts?

I like the aggressive look of this guy but am wondering why he has not developed a physically imposing body. Is it because of his injuries? I would expect him to have a stronger upper body and be more imposing in the forward 50. It looks though from the weekend that he tried playing fishers role and looked horrible. Cannot see him in the side for much longer unless he supports fev inside 50. Thoughts?

Yeah. Apparently he slimed down a bit so as to help his troubling hamstrings.

Has accepted a 2 match suspension and therefore won't be available until round 4.

A shame really as the CHF position was his to claim until a silly act of frustration ultimately cost him.

Didn't do enough on Thursday so will need to work his way back through the Bullants.

in a team with a shortage of major key position talent, i think how far hartlett progresses will have a major bareing on how quickly carlton can rise back to the top.

to me theres a lot of ashley hansen about him, taken 2nd round in a draft that has seen a lot of players develop much quicker then him, and spent a majority of his first 2 years injured. hansen is no star, but i think the fact he has a rediculously large winning percentage when he plays shows how important his role is in a team wiht an elite midfield, which carlton should hopefully have in the not too distant future.

if he can develop into a lead up chf, having 15 odd posessions, around 7 marks, and kicking 1-2 goals every week once hes fully developed, i think he'll be a very important player to our structure. however if he fails to ever make the grade, we'll probably have to look to the draft to find someone else to fill that position, thus setting us back another few years

so u blue supporters dnt rekon he will be back in seniors straight away after suspension??
Depends on Edwards form in the next two weeks. With Fisher and Edwards playing similar games HArts gives us something different, so if Jake can't put some runs on the board I'd expect Harts to come in for him.

Kreuzer also likely to return next week as a forward, so getting a bit tall with all of them in the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 goals and 9 marks in the VFL on the weekend. Got praise from Teague and in the extended squad. Hopefully will come in for O'hAilpin.

Has Adam gone to Germany for his hammies?

Hes a mate of a mate and I was just wondering what is going on with him. He was due back last week and there was no sign of him.

Do you guys think he will break back into the senior side later this year? He showed promise in the games he played in and i believe is a better prospect than Wiggins,

My ideal Carlton fwd line:

Pfeiffer Fisher Houlihan (Gun footballer, i know hes soft but he can play)

Betts Fevola Hartlett

This forward line incorporates height, speed, toughness and delivery, as well as a coleman medallist

Has Adam gone to Germany for his hammies?

Hes a mate of a mate and I was just wondering what is going on with him. He was due back last week and there was no sign of him.

Do you guys think he will break back into the senior side later this year? He showed promise in the games he played in and i believe is a better prospect than Wiggins,

My ideal Carlton fwd line:

Pfeiffer Fisher Houlihan (Gun footballer, i know hes soft but he can play)

Betts Fevola Hartlett

This forward line incorporates height, speed, toughness and delivery, as well as a coleman medallist

Take the injuries out and you are right. He is a better prospect than Wiggins.

Sadly for Harts, his running technique lacks a lot of stability around the pelvis, and its something that you can improve, but not generally fix altogether. He will always have hamstring problems IMO.

Hence, anyone is a better prospect.
Will be traded or delisted when the current contract expires.:(

Anyone know if he's fully fit now,is he playng in the Ants on the weekend?

Id love to see him string together a few games without injury!

Anyone know if he's fully fit now,is he playng in the Ants on the weekend?

Id love to see him string together a few games without injury!

He did run around in the two's last week, I watched the game at Sandy and seen a bit of his footy over the past 3 seasons ( when his not injured ).

He got a few touches last week but with Hampson, Cloke & Kruze playing and Fisher & Fev up forward there no place for him in the best 22.

Our bacline will develop with jarrod, jamo, thornton and bowser with 1AW due back in 4 weeks.

Trade him at seasons end for a draft pick round 3 or 4 and take another kid.

Honestly can people who are able to see this bloke play in the VFL give an opinion on how he is going and whether he is progressing? I live in Adelaide for the record and do not post on here much but am always on here checking on whats going on (for those who care haha). I am a West Adelaide boy and saw him play and have seen his brother play and I am telling people from what I have seen take place in ADELAIDE (adam playing back in the day and his brother now) I think these two brothers could stand up to become one of the well known families of the next decade. Adam has to be sent to Germany if his hammies are not allowin him to play cause if he can get half a season together from what I saw he would be great. This is going on what I saw a few yrs ago though. Plz peoples thoughts. We need a CHF so bad and for those thinkin kreuzer and cloke will do it....I don't think so if we are going to win a premiership in the next 5 yrs.

Honestly can people who are able to see this bloke play in the VFL give an opinion on how he is going and whether he is progressing? I live in Adelaide for the record and do not post on here much but am always on here checking on whats going on (for those who care haha). I am a West Adelaide boy and saw him play and have seen his brother play and I am telling people from what I have seen take place in ADELAIDE (adam playing back in the day and his brother now) I think these two brothers could stand up to become one of the well known families of the next decade. Adam has to be sent to Germany if his hammies are not allowin him to play cause if he can get half a season together from what I saw he would be great. This is going on what I saw a few yrs ago though. Plz peoples thoughts. We need a CHF so bad and for those thinkin kreuzer and cloke will do it....I don't think so if we are going to win a premiership in the next 5 yrs.

Send him to Germany?

Lets wait and see if the "miracle" cure works first.

For the record the Geelong Doc wasn't convinced it speeded up Rooke's recovery, and Goghlan is still two weeks away, making it a fairly standard time frame for a bad hammy.

Harts has severe stability issues with his running technique around his pelvis.
That can only be changed so much.

I agree that, barring injuries, he could be a very good player......hence we took him where we did. He obviously had potential as a junior.

His body, along with many others along the way just doesn't appear to be up to the rigours of AFL.

I have not heard of this instability around his pelvis affecting his running technique and balance???

I have not heard of this instability around his pelvis affecting his running technique and balance???

Was more an observation of his gait, putting that together with his reccurrent problems.

It's what I do for a living.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back