Past Adam Hartlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 23. Adam Hartlett

Send him to Germany?

Lets wait and see if the "miracle" cure works first.

For the record the Geelong Doc wasn't convinced it speeded up Rooke's recovery, and Goghlan is still two weeks away, making it a fairly standard time frame for a bad hammy.

Harts has severe stability issues with his running technique around his pelvis.
That can only be changed so much.

I agree that, barring injuries, he could be a very good player......hence we took him where we did. He obviously had potential as a junior.

His body, along with many others along the way just doesn't appear to be up to the rigours of AFL.

We won't have time to wait if he's delisted at years end.

Need to get him right now. Unless the CFC intend on keeping him on for another year. Although i doubt that after he was only given a 1 year contract in the off season.

Need to get him right now. Unless the CFC intend on keeping him on for another year. Although i doubt that after he was only given a 1 year contract in the off season.

So he goes to Germany now.

Has the injections, needs to rehab anyway.........still about 3-4 weeks away.

Probably puts him further back than he is right now.......and has it fixed the underlying problem?

What's the 12 month and 2 year follow up data like?

Rooke is still in and out of the Cats team...........with soreness?
Coughlan yet to play.

I love the idea of miracle cures, but when you run, and your pelvis bounces around all over the place, it doesn't matter what you inject into your hammies.....they don't have a solid platform to work off.

A bit like a crane trying to lift a load without its base being anchored.......and what we are discussing here is who should drive the crane........doesn't matter when the base is unstable.:rolleyes:

He had a very good game in the Ants yesterday.Apparently Teague said he will be back for the blues soon,hopefully he can make it back and string together a few games injury free.

Coughlan still yet to play for either Tiges or Coburg, and still a couple away.
The miracle hasn't happened........he is just doing a hammy rehab.

i reckon we've gotta play harts real soon, theres no point having him on our list at his age if he's just gonna be a bullant player, it would be disgrace if he just played the rest of the year in the twos and then he was delisted, was touted as our next chf

Yep, agreed - his form has been good enough going by the Bullants best players most weeks.
Playing mostly down back and pinch hitting up forward by all reports. Got to be a better option than playing Cloke again.
If he doesn't get a gig soon then it'll curtain come years end you'd say.....which will be disappointing, as our '04 draftees + high pick
'05 (Kennedy) would have given us limited service, especially as most of them were to be groomed as forwards, like A. Harlett.

I dont see the point in extending players contracts and retaining them on the list....if you arent going to at least give them a run (ESP:when their form warrants a promotion.

Hartlett SHOULD be given a run............i think its poor form on the clubs part to not at least have a look. He's played all year in the ressies. in the best most weeks.....has been injury free......and is the big tall strong forward we need

We need forwards FFS this kicking just to Fev s**t does my head in
Fish,Wiggo,Cloke have all been given a shot there and play the one good game and then go missing until they eventually get dropped. Irish has looked good, but i cant see him stepping up to kick 4-5 when Fev is well held. Hartlett could be the answer if his body holds up. If it doesnt then at seasons end the decision will be clear cut.:thumbsu:

Some will say Kreuzer is the player for that position.........but what if Kreuz could stay in the middle....surely a ruckman who can play like a midfielder would be a great asset in the guts.

Just my opinion.....i know some have wrote Hart's off:( :thumbsdown:

But i haven't.:thumbsu:

Hopefully he actually gets a game and performs and remains on the Blues' list.
If not, I'd dare say it'd would only be Port (to join his brother) or Adelaide as options - or back to the SANFL.....
Then again, Sydney will be in the market to try to bolster its list & Western Bulldogs still need KPP - if they have any interest in his potential in playing only VFL over the last few seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will he be delisted or traded?

What would his trade value be? I think Port will pick him up if he is delisted and may even trade for him if he is cheap enough.
Port won't need to waste a trade.

If Harts doesn't get a game this week with Austin, Bower and Waite out, he is never going to play. Setanta has gone ahead of him as the CHF, and given that he has played in defence with the Ants this may not even be a consideration ATM.

I think he is gone, but I'd be rapt if he could prove me wrong.

I can only hope he can keep himself fit. He could be a very good player for us with a pre season under his belt and some senior games going into 2010. Don't want to speak too soon but it's fantastic news to see him fit and playing well.

I was glad he finally got his chance in the seniors and I thought he performed fairly well.

Was a bit rusty at times but that is to be expected after such a long time out of the seniors.

For mine, well and truly did enough to maintain his spot in the senior team and does not deserve to be dropped. Even if it means bringing Austin into the team and playing him up forward, Hartlett deserves his chance to show what he can offer and needs to be given every opportunity to hold his spot on the list beyond this season.

Goes without saying that with every game he plays from here until the end of the season he improves his chances of staying on the list next year.

Must stay in the seniors.

23. Adam Hartlett

West Adelaide recruit on assault charge
Hartlett, 23, who has returned to West Adelaide after being delisted by Carlton at the end of last season, was arrested following an incident at the BP Service Station opposite the Holdfast Hotel at about 10.40pm.
West Adelaide recruit on assault charge

I love that the media are free to name and muddy the reputation of the other party, yet the victims have their names withheld.

I guess they didn't play 11 games of football...

Their ages would rule out one of them from being Cam Howat. :thumbsdown:

:cool:

It's official......it wasn't Adams fault (the injuries I mean).

Hamish did a Hammy badly with Port today and is in doubt for the start of the season.

Unfortunaltely they do still build Hartletts like they used to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back