Retired Adam Schneider

Remove this Banner Ad

Deadset disrespectful from Dermott. It's not up to him to decide who deserves a guard of honour, or anyone else apart from the players doing the gaurd.

As if I didn't hate that sad little man enough already.... What an absolute turd of an article.
He is the biggest flog going around in the AFL media. Purple not far behind him. He is a deadbeat, pretentious dickhead.

It's not up to him on 'who gets a guard of honour or not.' Who does he think he is? Jesus Christ what a flog.

It's up to the club(s) on whether they think they have contributed enough to their club and whether they get one or not.

I wouldn't pay attention to anything the flog says, because the only thing that comes out of his brain is s**t.

Schneids on the Rush Hour:

And Schneid's last Web of Truth with guest interviewer Joey

Some career highlights:

And his farewell speech at the B&F:

Thanks Schneids :thumbsu:

Last edited:
image: http://www.sen.com.au/media/6400/schneider.jpg

schneider.jpg

After five years and a premiership with Sydney, small forward Adam Schneider took a chance and accepted a trade to St Kilda after the 2007 season.

He went on to play eight seasons with the Saints, become a highly respected player around the club and get ever so close to winning another flag.

“I didn’t have a lot to do with him (Ross Lyon) in Sydney, he was the midfielder coach and I was a forward,” said Schneider on SEN radio.

“When I got traded I was in Bali with my now wife and just signed a contract a few weeks before with Sydney, so I thought I was pretty safe.

“The phone rings and they said the Saints were pretty interested and I had a right to say no, so I said no for the first two days.

“Then Rossy rang me and just told me a couple of honest truths and that made me turn the corner a little bit with my mindset.

“And then Lenny Hayes rang me – and you’re in trouble once Lenny Hayes calls ya, because you can’t say no to Lenny.

“I spoke to Lenny then sat down with the girl and said, ‘let’s do this and challenge myself’.

“It’s probably the best decision I made, nah (they didn’t want to keep me).”

Lyon was popular amongst the playing group and Schneider points to his ability to manage different personalities as a big factor for his success.

“He was probably one of the best coaches I’ve had because he knew exactly what made each player tick,” he said of his former coach.

“He’d treat everyone different but fair, he knew he could give Milney and I a spray on the phone because he knew we’d respond, but some other players he couldn’t spray.”

That group led by Nick Riewoldt peaked in the 2009-10 seasons, but fell just short of the club’s second premiership on both occasions.

Schneider is content with the efforts of his teammates in both years and says they did everything within their control to get the job done.

“Yeah, I can remember them and they go through your head a lot,” he said.

“For about six months you think about it nearly every night.

“I missed a couple of goals in ’09 and everyone makes mistakes that’s fine, that’s what happens and you’ve got to move on.

“No doubt we thought we were right in it (after that toe-poke goal) and I remember BJ was running around in the last four minutes with a broken collarbone, we just threw everything at it.”

Read more at http://www.sen.com.au/news/01-16/schneider-on-getting-traded-ross-lyon-09#gkgk3mRb17GEG7JC.99

Remove this Banner Ad

Back