Past Player - Aidan Riley

Remove this Banner Ad

Been dominating for the sadly struggling team Sturt in the SANFL. Has comeback very well since a broken hand earlier in the season. Dominant clearance player in the SANFL. Skills have improved this season. Is playing his first AFL game this weekend, will more than likely start as the sub. Is a couple more midfield injuries or a good AFL performance away from playing for the Crows as a regular.
Thanks for that :)
Great to see a lad from Wollongong getting a shot at the big stage. Hawthorn has drafted a bloke from Wollongong to but he has yet to get a game.
I hope Riley has a good return to footy and a great and consistent, injury-free career at the Adelaide Football Club.

We've just picked him up. First question: Who is he?
Came to us through the NSW Scholarship program. Very much an inside midfielder just found it hard to consistently play for us, due to our inside strength. Also injuries, particularly this year with the broken leg came at a bad time for him. I wish him all the best at the Demons.

We've just picked him up. First question: Who is he?

He's got a couple of legitimate weapons, in an ability to be where the ball is, and legitimate toughness. Hits opponents at a hundred miles an hour. He's almost mentally tough and will give 100% to everything he does.

Endurance and skills are not strong, though. He can play but he's unlikely to be a star. Might carve out a niche career as a tagger.

Riley is back in the SANFL this year (after being delisted by Melbourne at the end of 2015), playing like an absolute madman for Sturt at the moment, averaging 24.2 disposals, 12.6 clearances (!) and 10 tackles per game in five games so far this season. Will surely find his way back to AFL level if he keeps this sort of play up.

Riley is back in the SANFL this year (after being delisted by Melbourne at the end of 2015), playing like an absolute madman for Sturt at the moment, averaging 24.2 disposals, 12.6 clearances (!) and 10 tackles per game in five games so far this season. Will surely find his way back to AFL level if he keeps this sort of play up.
I wish him well, but his AFL career is done and dusted. No chance of him being given a 3rd chance.

I wish him well, but his AFL career is done and dusted. No chance of him being given a 3rd chance.

If someone like Ryan Davis can get another go at AFL level in his mid-20s without really starring in the WAFL, surely Riley putting up ridiculous numbers like he is would raise some sort of interest. I suppose it depends what recruiters are after though, and whether they see a role for a guy at the next level though I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back