Traded #6: Angus Monfries - Insert stock Boo-urns joke here - Retired 10/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 6. Angus Monfries

I thought it was by far his best game for the season on Saturday. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. Pocket or midfield? Possibly he could swap with Jobe between the pocket and centre square.

I can't help but like him.

He's known as "little lloydy" to me and my mates, I've always thought he's shown heart and a desire to help his teammates out. I have seen several occasions where he has put his body on the line for a sheppard that has resulted in a goal.

Also I think he's a good shot a goal, nice action, and good general goal sense. IMO he and Davey will be our crumbing forwards of the future.

the question remains, can he cut it as a midfielder? or will he be like colin sylvia and just be a handy forward pocket?

Will turn it around for sure. Has the potential to be a great player and future cpatain.

Angus is a potentially dominant small forward but has defintely lacked in his midfield runs. Already has the class to make it as a very good footballer in the big league just a matter of wether he can take it to another level and become great.

I thought this year would be his break out season but he has been stagnant with his development. Going back to bendigo and getting heaps of the ball appears to have helped him, would like to see him rotate through the midfield more often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a query about Angus.

Not sure if has the nous and smarts to be a pure midfielder.

Plays like a quick flanker with courage but doesn't have pace.

He should learn how to side step and open up the play.

Lenny Hayes should be his blueprint.

Oh Gussy, you could have taken that easy shot for goal where you were standing!

I was surprised to see him being twice manned up at times by the Crows who kept on sledging him.

I wanted to run on to the field and deck them.

Now I understand that Gussy needs a bit more mongrel in him. Oh, and some boxing lessons.

I have a query about Angus.

Not sure if has the nous and smarts to be a pure midfielder.

Plays like a quick flanker with courage but doesn't have pace.

He should learn how to side step and open up the play.

Lenny Hayes should be his blueprint.

Or Mark Mercuri. I wish.

Did a few good things in the last quarter. Would still like to see him get a run on the ball.

that is misleading though. i

t is just disappointing not to see him deliver after he apparantly had a great pre-season and his nab cup game was outstanding

A lot of player's struggle at first to make the the initial move from the pocket/flank to the midfield, Angus is one of these. He realises he needs to add more burst speed to his play and by his attitude you would think he will improve that again over summer. He has normally very reliable skills and makes good decisions. Be patient, players dont lose their ability over night.

Looked a lot better the last 2 weeks and has got a bit of the footy.

Career high disposals today.

I had him for trade bait a week or so ago. A couple of more performances like this against better opposition and I might reconsider.

Looked a lot better the last 2 weeks and has got a bit of the footy.

Career high disposals today.

I had him for trade bait a week or so ago. A couple of more performances like this against better opposition and I might reconsider.

finally showing some consistency

Games against Fremantle and Carlton have reminded me of why I was so excited about his potential.

He'll be all right......just needs to find his position, which appears to be more a midfield role than a small forward!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back