Traded #6: Angus Monfries - Insert stock Boo-urns joke here - Retired 10/10

Remove this Banner Ad

THANK YOU GUS for doing right by the club and not walking during free agent period!

Was nothing stopping you but you ensured the club would get something :thumbsu:

THANK YOU GUS for doing right by the club and not walking during free agent period!

Was nothing stopping you but you ensured the club would get something :thumbsu:
Ah, yes there was. Port Adelaide.
The deal got done because it was in the best interests of both Essendon and Port, essentially splitting the difference of what we both would've lost had he moved via free agency. Great deal, but the medium used to make it happen was nothing to do with Gus.

I'm thankful to Gus for his service and with the way he left the club he can hold his head up high.

However is it just me? I really couldn't care less that he left. Not happy he left and not upset in the least, just nothing. Maybe that just explains how I felt about him as a player for Essendon, not much either way.

I'm thankful to Gus for his service and with the way he left the club he can hold his head up high.

However is it just me? I really couldn't care less that he left. Not happy he left and not upset in the least, just nothing. Maybe that just explains how I felt about him as a player for Essendon, not much either way.

I'm not upset, disappointed, glad or pumped that he's gone. A move that has been very easy to accept. Sometimes I think that #48 is not quite good enough, but then I couldn't see him in the 22 for long in the future, so probably best for all parties.

I'm happy. Think him, slattery, lonergan and reimers are all representative of a pretty mediocre period for the club where we weren't very ruthless, with either the opposition or our players. Now is the time for that to change and losing these players hopefully is symbolic of a return to a no longer tolerating the mediocre.

monfriesposenews.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From 2008:
Yeah, I've got this stupid feeling Monfries will be used as trade bait at the end of this year and / or ask to be traded...:eek: I keep picturing him in a Port Adelaide jumper running around kicking a goal from the boundary in the pooring rain, lets hope it doesn't actually happen...! :thumbsu:
For some reason, I always remembered reading this post.

2 outta 4, so far.

Will the prophecy be fulfilled?

No hard feelings against Gus.

Is it just me though, or every publicity photo that has been taken of him in his Port gear, his eyes seem to be saying "WTF have I done?"

After feeling nothing regarding Monfries' exit, it finally hit me just now that I'm going to miss him. Best of luck at the Power, Angus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back