Past Brock McLean

Remove this Banner Ad

7. Brock McLean

Backing up key for Blues
Brock McLean did short running drills off to the side of the main group and Montgomery said the club was hopeful he could win his battle against the clock to play a part at the sharp end of the season.

“Brock will be fit again very, very shortly, so we’ll be having another look at him hopefully,” he said of the prized recruit who has been cruelled by knee and quad injuries in his first season at the club.

“He’s very much day to day. We like to plan and we certainly like to think we could get him in earlier [than the finals].

“We want to give the guy every chance to just get himself right enough to play and play up to his best. We don’t want to jump too far ahead with him.”
Backing up key for Blues

7. Brock McLean

Ratten queries Freo policy
Brock McLean played his first game back from knee surgery in the VFL at the weekend and will line up for the Bullants again on Saturday. Ratten said the former Demon was still capable of having an impact in the finals.

“He had 23 possessions and his GPS numbers were phenomenal for a bloke who had missed a fair bit of footy,” he said.

“Coburg’s ground was quite heavy through the middle and he’s run close to 14km and played about 70 per cent game time.
Ratten queries Freo policy

7. Brock McLean

Blues upbeat about Brock
The club's fitness and conditioning staff have devised a detailed pre-season plan for the 24-year-old that will soon see him training with the main group.

"We're really excited about Brock. He's back on the track and he's running, so he won't be too far away," Richardson said.

"We think that he'll be able to play a role not unlike the way Luke Ball was able to play such a significant role for Collingwood.

"Brock is a fantastic long runner and given the rules now in terms of only having three on the bench, depending on your philosophy, you might need someone to hang around a bit longer [on the ground] and he has that capability.

"He's an outstanding leader and wins the ball."
Blues upbeat about Brock

Re: 7. Brock McLean

Blues hold back Brock McLean

"Already he's dropped a couple of kilos and looking in great shape, but I think it will be one where we'll have to keep pulling him back and pulling him back because he's so keen and he'll try to do everything," Ratten said.

"That will be his and our biggest challenge, but he's got his head around it. At the moment there's no injuries and we expect him to take the next step and give us 20 games this year."

Blues hold back Brock McLean

McLean on track for round one

CARLTON midfielder Brock McLean says he is on track to be fit for round one despite a slow start to his pre-season training.

The 24-year-old has endured four operations this year, two of which - an ankle arthroscope and an iliotibial band (ITB) release - were after the end of the Blues' season.

"I've got to take more of the tortoise approach this year, just slow and steady," he said on Wednesday at the White Ribbon breakfast at Federation Square's Zinc.

McLean on track for round one

haha, oh dear

that 'gut' is most likely abs!

197563.jpg

he's lost 6kgs..tracking well for a big 2011!

Brock McLean change numbers from 7 to 14. Brock’s Grandfather, Rod McLean, wore number 14 on 128 occasions between 1935 and 1946 including in the 1938 and 1945 Premiership teams, while his Uncle, Ricky McLean wore the guernsey number in 19 matches between 1966 and 1971.

:thumbsu:

mods/admin should also change the player number from 7 to 14 on the title of this thread along with the Kane Lucas one

7. Brock McLean

Sports News First:Lean and keen Brock McLean
“Brock’s taken an enormous amount of weight off,” Icke confirmed.

“He wanted to play this (2011) season at a leaner weight and he’s trimmed that excess but retained his muscle weight.

“We’ve been aware of managing his program with Brock’s desire to trim back a fair bit of weight and obviously with the type of injuries that he has had he had to stay off his legs a bit.”

“Brock’s body shape has certainly changed. There’s no question he is a much leaner athlete,” Icke said.

“We think he’s a really good inside (packs) player and we still expect he will do a lot of that sort of heavy work for us.

"He wants to offer us a greater capacity to get outside and get across the ground for us a lot quicker.

“He’ got really endurance but he wants to be quicker across the ground and more often."
Sports News First:Lean and keen Brock McLean

How can you lose six to eight kgs if you looked like this at the start of last year?

197563.jpg

Definitely cut down on muscle bulk because he was lean and up there in the time trials.

Looks a lot leaner.

35594_491642918333_108959538333_5912032_2769748_n.jpg

If guns corrects me, then I'll take that hit ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess the Herald-Sun's rumour about Megan Gale's treadmill of death is correct.

First Judd, then Hampson and now Mclean.
That's pretty much what I thought too.

Teams should be out today so we'll know then but if he's aiming to play this weekend I can't see any need for doom and gloom. Just another journo trying to get some attention, which he did.

Not named in the squad for the weekend - cant see him playing anytime soon without any match fitness. Would love some confirmation of what exactly his deal is. Opens the door a bit wider now for Curnow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back