Past Jake Edwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 37. Jake Edwards

I posted some material on Jake earlier.. berfore the buddy draft was up and going. I waill ask ODN to merge it in if possible.

I posted some material on Jake earlier.. berfore the buddy draft was up and going. I waill ask ODN to merge it in if possible.
This is one guy I am really keen to hear;
  • What type of player he is (a comparison would be good)?
  • Strengths/Weaknesses
  • Where he will play
  • If he will make it and when etc...

This is one guy I am really keen to hear;

Didn't see the practice match today, but Edwards had a good one by all accounts. Kicked 3 goals himself and set up a couple more.

* What type of player he is (a comparison would be good)?

Closest comparison in the current list is probably Fisher. Edwards is probably quicker, and a better kick. Fisher is a better mark (although Edwards is a good mark too) and reads the play better at this stage.

NB Lance Whitnall 192cm, 100kg (age 27)
Brad Fisher 192cm, 82kg (age 22)
Jake Edwards 192cm, 82kg (age 18)

* Strengths/Weaknesses

See above. His pace will be his main weapon. Can take a pack mark. No obvious weaknesses that I can see. Just needs more strength and experience.

* Where he will play

Most likely accross HF. Not strong enough yet to play CHF, and probably not tall enough.

* If he will make it and when etc...

Yes he can make it, and is not that far away. I would think it's Fisher's spot he would have to win. If Fisher got injured I think Jake or Wiggo would be the immediate replacement. Not sure how else he could break in. A few good games in the Ants might see him win a spot on the interchange.

Good write up mate, agree, Edwards plays most like Fish, probably doesn't quite push up into the midfield as much as Fish.

He was most impressive today. Very impressive.

Edwards played his final year of TAC as a defender.

Any chance of him playing as a KP Backmen ? on shorter, running types such as Nathan Brown, Mark Williams etc ?

Edwards played his final year of TAC as a defender.

Any chance of him playing as a KP Backmen ? on shorter, running types such as Nathan Brown, Mark Williams etc ?

Each time I have watched him play for the Bullants he has played in the forward line.

Each time I have watched him play for the Bullants he has played in the forward line.
That aside,

Jake himself said in an interview with carltonfc.com.au that by playing defence with the Jets in the TAC for the 2005 season - it helped him get drafted.

However: Thornton, Setanta, Waite, Austin, Hartlett, Saddington, Flint, Anderson, Jamison etc, may prove that he's not needed there.

That aside,

Jake himself said in an interview with carltonfc.com.au that by playing defence with the Jets in the TAC for the 2005 season - it helped him get drafted.

However: Thornton, Setanta, Waite, Austin, Hartlett, Saddington, Flint, Anderson, Jamison etc, may prove that he's not needed there.

Agree. Does he fit into our current forward line?

Fev, Whitnall, Fisher, Kennedy, Betts possibly Gibbs, Blackwell and Murphy all rotating through at some stage.....?

It is getting hard to find him a spot but he does deserve to debut, possibly due to an injury though one would think.

would love to see jake the snake get a game soon! got to speak to him last nite for a bit after the game he said he was sore from yesterday (saturday)...

he wouldn't be too far away you'd think.

would love to see jake the snake get a game soon! got to speak to him last nite for a bit after the game he said he was sore from yesterday (saturday)...

he wouldn't be too far away you'd think.

I think he was more "sore" about Harts not honouring his lead on a couple of occasions :p :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw on the injury list on carltonfc.com.au that 'snake' is available...? perhaps he will return to the Ants this weekend...

would really like to see him in navy blue sooner rather later...

Has he made his debut for carlton, if not will he this year becase i've never heard of him.​

No, he hasn't made his debut as of yet.

Injured himself last week playing for the Bullants, and not sure how serious it is. If he didn't get injured, he would have made his debut because the coaching staff will want to have a look at him, just like other kids on the list. I would say he is still a good chance of making his debut before the end of the year-it really just depends on the severity of his injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back