Past Player - James Moss

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: James Moss

Can anyone confirm his height? Afc said 188, media 182- which is right?

He looks closer to the 188 cms than the 182.

He's a good size and a well put together lad.

IMO he'll be retained on the rookie list, with a wild chance of being upgraded.

My gut feel is rookie list which means it doesn't deprive of us a draft pick.

Thanks Macca, I know this may not be the place to ask, which rookies will be upgraded and who from either rookie or senior will go do you think? Brodie martin did a bit late, obviously petrenko will stay, will they persist with cook and will gallman get another gig?

Thanks Macca, I know this may not be the place to ask, which rookies will be upgraded and who from either rookie or senior will go do you think? Brodie martin did a bit late, obviously petrenko will stay, will they persist with cook and will gallman get another gig?

IMO Petrenko will be upgraded (he's dropped back to being a rookie now that the season is over for us) and Moss will be retained as a rookie.

Curnow and Martin to be delisted. After the addition of Donnelly the Irish recruit, that'll leave us 4 rookie spots.

Cook did really look the goods once he finally got over his hammy woes. He could be playing AFL next year a la Mackay.

Gallman is too vanilla IMO and likely to be delisted.

thanks mate appreciate it, actually one more for you.....sellar?

also, when does it all get announced - delistings and such?

thanks again.

thanks mate appreciate it, actually one more for you.....sellar?

also, when does it all get announced - delistings and such?

thanks again.

Sellar hasn't come on as quickly as we would have liked this year, but he'll certainly be on the list again next year.

I'd like to see him change clubs for his own benefit, to give him a crack at being the main forward. That won't happen tough, I wouldn't think.

As James has correctly said, Adelaide don't announce their delistings until the end of the trade period which takes place from Monday 6th October to 2 pm Friday 10th October.

The delistings could then be as soon as that afternoon after the close of the trade period.

Re: #43 - James Moss

I wonder if it affects his running style at all?
I have the same problem (mines rougly an inch difference), but I wear orthodics when I play sport which help it a bit, so if it is a problem for his running style the crows should get him onto it! Helps me!

I have the same problem (mines rougly an inch difference), but I wear orthodics when I play sport which help it a bit, so if it is a problem for his running style the crows should get him onto it! Helps me!

:thumbsu: Good to hear :) I'm sure they are doing something similar then.

Obviously it doesn't hurt his kicking!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CC whats the cause of yours?

Mine is half an inch difference caused by a hip recon as a 13 year old

One thing you can tell from that highlights compilation is that he certainly has very neat footskills. I know it's a highlights package but he seems to hit a lot of targets and some very difficult passes too! Good to see really, hope he gets a NAB game as well :)

One thing you can tell from that highlights compilation is that he certainly has very neat footskills. I know it's a highlights package but he seems to hit a lot of targets and some very difficult passes too! Good to see really, hope he gets a NAB game as well :)

Thing is, one of the knocks on Moss is that he doesn't get a lot of possessions. What this means is that those highlights packages were actually a pretty fair sample of his kicks! :p I love the way he gets the ball, looks downfield for a split second, and then throws either foot at it and puts it over the top of a pack to a teammates advantage. It's beautiful!

Thing is, one of the knocks on Moss is that he doesn't get a lot of possessions. What this means is that those highlights packages were actually a pretty fair sample of his kicks! :p I love the way he gets the ball, looks downfield for a split second, and then throws either foot at it and puts it over the top of a pack to a teammates advantage. It's beautiful!

IMO an unfair knock

Let's keep it all in perspective, Moss started pre-season late and was able to force himself in to a very strong Central side, however when in the side his game time was limited and usually played across HB

I have no doubt Moss has the ability to be a possession winner

I don't doubt that he can become a possession winner. However, at the moment, he doesn't get a huge amount of possession, even when taking time on the ground into account. In a few games I thought he must be off the ground but he wasn't, he was just around the place not getting many touches. He did seem to get a bit better as the year went on though so hopefully with a good preseason he'll come back fitter and smarter than before and really start to hit his straps!

I don't doubt that he can become a possession winner. However, at the moment, he doesn't get a huge amount of possession, even when taking time on the ground into account. In a few games I thought he must be off the ground but he wasn't, he was just around the place not getting many touches. He did seem to get a bit better as the year went on though so hopefully with a good preseason he'll come back fitter and smarter than before and really start to hit his straps!

Possession count will come with fitness. Remember last year was the first footy preseason he'd ever done, before that he'd spent his summers being a wicket-keeper, not exactly the high-intensity style activity that is Aussie Rules. Once he builds a decent fitness base he'll be able to get to more contests, contest harder at these contests and to better effect at these contests and suddenly he should start to find a bit more of the footy.

James Moss will be a GUN and will be upgraded in 2009

James has the body to play AFL immediately and he will improve significantly with a full preseason under his belt

I am confident that James will be our next rookie to be upgraded

James Moss will be a GUN and will be upgraded in 2009

James has the body to play AFL immediately and he will improve significantly with a full preseason under his belt

I am confident that James will be our next rookie to be upgraded

Seeing as though they've now had a number of pre-season training sessions, do you still think Moss will have what it takes to be upgraded?

Seeing as though they've now had a number of pre-season training sessions, do you still think Moss will have what it takes to be upgraded?

He has what it takes but I don't think he's first in line to be upgraded, with Schmidt taking that position.

He's a chance at the end of the year, pending a dominant league year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back