Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
38. Jeff Garlett

garlett_jeff_o.png

DOB: 3/8/1989

Height: 180cm

Weight: 75kg

Draft History: Pick 6 (Carlton), 2009 Rookie Draft. Pick 85 (Carlton), 2010 National Draft - Rookie Elevation

Recruited From: Swan Districts

Debut: Round 1, 2009 vs Richmond

2014 Forecast:

Re: Jeffrey Garlett

2009 AFL Rookie Draft - complete bios
6. Carlton - Jefferey Garlett
Dynamic player, who can do the unpredictable, has pace to burn. Jeff plays predominately as a small forward but can also be used through the midfield. His defensive pressure is a real indicator to his performance. Attended the 2008 WA NAB AFL State Screening session where his results were reflective of how he plays. He recorded 2.95sec for the 20m test and 8.20sec for agility.
Hughes' news good for Blues fans

Selection No. 6: Jeff Garlett
Swan Districts, small forward, 3/8/89, 178cm, 67kg
"Jeff was probably the one player left off our list from the national draft and we thought we'd like to give him an opportunity.

"We were a bit worried given that he trained at Hawthorn for the last week that someone might snap him up before we picked him, but we're very happy to have Jeff on board.

"He can play on the ball or as a small forward. He does a bit of both and kicked a lot of goals for Swan Districts this year. He's particularly quick, he can do a 15 beep test and he's pretty skilful, so we think he's a really good pick up for a rookie."

Jeff Garlett - 2008 WAFL Season

[YOUTUBE]ajPuxDJ0IXk[/YOUTUBE]

TBU's Jeff Garlett profile
Honours:
2007 WAFL Colts Premiership player
2008 Swan Districts B&F – =6th place (113 votes)
2008 Sandover medal – 10 votes (19 games)
In what finished as one of the best games of the season and after being fairly quiet early on, Garlett stepped up in a big way in the final quarter with 3 vital goals helping his team over the line by a point – he finished with 15 disposals, 1 mark and 3.2
Work-ethic - Defensive 9/10, Offensive 8/10
- 2 way player that offers tight defensive pressure, chasing, 1%ers and 2nd efforts.
- High impact efforts too – Davey-like run down tackles.

Garlett will be a damn exciting player if he gets a game.

I was excited about the possibility of an athlete such as Benjamin playing a game in the firsts with Judd and Walker.

But Garlett sounds closer to being "the real deal" than Benji based on his highlights and profile.

I hope Garlett wants it more than Benjamin.

And can put on some weight...

Cousins being drafted isn't exciting.

Betts, Yarran, Walker, Fevola, Kreuzer and Garlett playing in our forwardline would be exciting. :eek: :thumbsu:

Wisbey posted this about Garlett yesterday:

http://www.voy.com/51976/40732.html

I left him out of my top 50 for the National draft but he was fairly early in my Rookie rankies. Electric goalkicker but chronically skinny (even allowing for lack of development / conditioning). I respect his footy ability but had some concerns re how well he would embrace the commitment / discipline requirements of AFL. I suspect getting picked up by an interstate club will be good for him, once (if) he adjusts OK.

Wisbey posted this about Garlett yesterday:

http://www.voy.com/51976/40732.html

I respect his footy ability but had some concerns re how well he would embrace the commitment / discipline requirements of AFL. I suspect getting picked up by an interstate club will be good for him, once (if) he adjusts OK.

I respect Colin and chat to him at TAC games occasionally, but I really wonder what he bases this on, or who he has spoken to in order to form this assessment. :confused:

I respect Colin and chat to him at TAC games occasionally, but I really wonder what he bases this on, or who he has spoken to in order to form this assessment. :confused:

Gilly good to see you free and up and about so close to Xmas........form HBFs insinuations I thought you would be a few days in hospital recovering from alcohol poisoning best case scenario

Gilly good to see you free and up and about so close to Xmas........form HBFs insinuations I thought you would be a few days in hospital recovering from alcohol poisoning best case scenario

Haha, thanks bud.

We all know HBF is prone to the minor exaggeration from time to time. I analyse it as a cry for attention, closely associated with the small-man "look at me, look at me" complex ;).

Here here Gilly. From the very small package of highlights I have seen of him, he certainly looks like an excitement machine. And really, a rookie selection is very speculative, no matter where you pick them.

He was very impressive tonight in his NAB cup debut in the navy Blue. Only had something like 33% percent game time and racked up 10 possies, kicked a goal, had amazing speed and really looked dangerous whenever he got the ball.

Was pretty impressive today for the limited game time. Good overhead, great speed but does need to work on his set shot for goal, may he should do a Milne a kick bananas all the time, great goal from the boundary. :thumbsu:

Field kicking has always been a tad messy, but generally better than what he showed today. Still looks as skinny as a rake, but surprised he got that many touches in so little GT ... had very few games over 15d at WAFL level.

Thought he played well too. There were some errors on his behalf but I liked what I saw of the good things he did. :thumbsu:

Just remember he is still 19 years old. I thought he played a very good game - hopefully he will get another run next weekend.

Btw - did anyone notice how skinny he is. His moe and his tat looks funny on his body :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Field kicking has always been a tad messy, but generally better than what he showed today. Still looks as skinny as a rake, but surprised he got that many touches in so little GT ... had very few games over 15d at WAFL level.

Apparently he has some good players around him now, some bloke called Judd and this Gibbs character ;):p

Just remember he is still 19 years old. I thought he played a very good game - hopefully he will get another run next weekend.

Btw - did anyone notice how skinny he is
. His moe and his tat looks funny on his body :)

Now that you mention it............

Now that you mention it............

Who cares, every time Jeff got near the ball something positive happened. Got 7 touches in a half of footy today to go along with 3 tackles but would have set up at least 3 goals. Defensive pressure is gold these days and we really lacked that in the first half. Second half, with both him and Eddie up forward we gave ourselves more opportunities to put scores on the board. The ball didn't get out of our forward anywhere near as easy as it was doing in the first half. Love this fella and would promote him and play him from round 1 onwards.

According to the Fantasy Freako newsletter, Twiglett was the second highest dream team points scorer/per minute game time for the first two rounds of the NAB cup :thumbsu:

Dalziell 1.38 pt/min
Twiglett 1.36 pt/min
Squiblebury 1.35 pt/min

Twiglett ahead of Swan, BArtel, Lockyer and Drummond :):thumbsu:

his name ends in lett and he's a twig...it's not our fault you are a NTTAWWT (nttawwt) :)

Jeffrey is back. :thumbsu:

Great work tonight, really works his backside off for the team and loved his foot skills tonight, superb (other than that first shot for goal). The spear, across his body to Robinson on 50m was special.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back