Past Jeremy Laidler

May 29, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Re: Jeremy Laidler

Laidler a winner already

Although he has only been at Carlton a short time, Jeremy Laidler is already a winner following the 2010 Carlton Football Club Corporate Golf Day. Jeremy was a member of the winning team at this annual event sponsored by Ikon Services.

“I can’t take much credit as it was the other three guys in the team that gave us the victory,” Laidler modestly said while enjoying dinner after the event at Sanctuary Lakes.

Laidler a winner already

May 29, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Re: Jeremy Laidler

Defender Jeremy Laidler finds right fit

Laidler has enjoyed the experience of mixing in with his new teammates at a training camp to Sorrento last week, including his Vic Metro under-18s teammate Matthew Kreuzer.

"It's awesome down here," he said. "They're a really good bunch of guys.

"I was a bit nervous when I first came down, but they have welcomed me, and so many of them are around my age group.

"It's a very young backline. I've been working with 'Jamo' (Michael Jamison) and 'Bowser' (Paul Bower) and the other guys to try to work on their structures. Hopefully we can have some success."

Defender Jeremy Laidler finds right fit

Nov 20, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea, Melbourne City, OKC
Warnock shines as Blues slog it out in wet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...3/default.aspx

" RUCKMAN Robbie Warnock was outstanding in Carlton's rain-affected intra-club match on Saturday morning.

While ex-Fremantle big man Warnock, who played 12 matches last season in his second year with the Blues, was best afield, defender Paul Bower and utility Jarrad Waite had a brief scuffle.

Waite took issue with Bower after he ran into ruckman Shaun Hampson during the first half of the match. Hampson was unhurt in the incident.

Rookie Ed Curnow, from Box Hill Hawks, was also prominent in the hit out, which was restricted to two 15-minute halves by the wet weather.

Another to shine was ex-Geelong player Jeremy Laidler.

Captain and dual Brownlow medallist Chris Judd did not play in the match, from which no injuries were reported."

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
The hungry defender

New Carlton recruit Jeremy Laidler is raring to prove himself.

JEREMY Laidler spent three years clocking up VFL games and trying to break into one of the best-ever AFL teams at Geelong.

As a tall defender, he needed to get past the likes of Matthew Scarlett, his own mentor Darren Milburn, Matthew Egan and Tom Harley (now retired). Then part-way through the 2010 season, his first as a fully listed player, the reality set in.

The hungry defender

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Had 8 one percenters against Richmond, 3 more than the next closest person.

That's exactly why i like him, and why we need him.

He is a team mate who others can rely on. Rely on not to make silly mistakes. Rely on to go when it's his turn to go. Rely on to deliver accurately by hand or foot. And rely on to HELP you with a 1%er, which not many others in our team do.

Great pickup and one of my favorites. Will eventually have a bigger body and be a very reliable defender for us.

I rate him clearly above Duigan and about 1000% improvement on Thornton.

CarltonFan

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2007
praise Hughes
AFL Club
Carlton
That's exactly why i like him, and why we need him.

He is a team mate who others can rely on. Rely on not to make silly mistakes. Rely on to go when it's his turn to go. Rely on to deliver accurately by hand or foot. And rely on to HELP you with a 1%er, which not many others in our team do.

Rofl. How much does Julia Gillard pay you to write her speeches?

Blue since 72

Premiership Player
Feb 13, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
This guy stood out in my mind on Friday night. Thought he had a great game and has been a real positive accquisition to our backline.

Played his guts out against his old team; great effort.:thumbsu:

Sep 27, 2004
Dr Geoffrey Edelsten's jacuzzi
AFL Club
Carlton
[YOUTUBE]763slRwblpM[/YOUTUBE]

Impressive performance in front of the camera.

Arguably our best recruit who is under the radar due to Duigan.

Watson, McCarthy, Mitchell, McInnes, Duigan, Laidler, Curnow, Collins, O'Keeffe (re-drafted as a rookie like Jacobs), Twomey, Carter and Bray could end up as one hell of a recruiting spree.

The last three have given us something at VFL level.

CarltonFan

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2007
praise Hughes
AFL Club
Carlton
Needs to work on his tackling. He has given away cheap high contact free kicks the last few weeks.

Next year I'd like to see him play on bigger opponents and match them as we need him to be more versatile.

Gun recruit though. Well done to the recruiting team.

Sharks On A Plane

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 12, 2006
Y6le
AFL Club
Carlton
From 27 September 2009:

Gamble and Djerrkura would be the ones to look at for sure.

Really like Gamble as a player. He plays tall, leads well, very good hands, and has a few tricks. Agree with the comments re: Djerrkura. Would be a handy addition to our second midfield rotation; his injuries, of course, are the big worry.

Two others I'd love to get to Carlton but Geelong won't let go are Tom Gillies and Jeremy Laidler. Gillies looks a very, very promising defender in the making, while Laidler will furnish into a nice versatile type capable of playing several roles. Should be promoted off the rookie list for next year.

Unfortunately, however, I can't see Geelong trading either of these two blokes...

I got Gamble and Djerrkura horribly wrong, but the Laidler call looks pretty good a few years on!

What a great acquisition Laids has proven to be. Is just a very professional style of player who is rarely beaten, extremely composed and does everything to a high standard.

Back