Past Kane Lucas

Remove this Banner Ad

From the Blueseum...

...In that year of 1985, four South Australians were named as All Australians; Bradley, Stephen Kernahan, Peter Motley and John Platten – and to the chagrin and envy of every other VFL club (especially Essendon) the first three all signed to play with Carlton....

Whoever wrote this deserves the Nobel Prize for literature, if simply for pointing out the fact that Arsendon - the reigning back-to-back premiers - could not entice a single one of these four SA guns to go to their shitty, shitty club. Ha! I'm sitting grinning my arse off thinking about the looks on their faces when they heard they were all headed, especially Braddles, to their sworn enemies. Thanks for the history lesson, Thy....:thumbsu:

"Kenny Hunter....."

Drooling_homer.gif

now, I guess I'm the new generation carlton supporter,
but from what I was told Kenny Hunter was a very hard at it footballer and absolutely fearless,
I'm not saying Kane should be exactly the same, although it wouldn't hurt,
but if he could be the same level player as Hunter I think most will be pleased on this board.

Kane Lucas is one of my buddy's this year, so I'll endeavour to keep most things Lucas up to date.
More than happy to be beaten to the punch with any information regarding Kane as so with so media about, it's easy to miss something.

At this stage Lucas looks likely for round 1 start with Carrazzo calling him the best performed player through the NAB Cup, yet Kane probably divides Carlton fans moreso than any other current player, expected to play at senior level.
Kane is one-touch player with speed, mobility, evasiveness and tricks you'd be happy to attribute to any AFL player
The question on him in more recent times have been his kicking, his decision-making at times and unfortunately his willingness to earn the hard ball..
Some of this may be attributed to his bad hamstring issues and some of it to a low confidence base, but all at Carlton see the potential in him and with the backing he has received from Malthouse, may finally make good his career.

Will be a most interesting year from Kane in 2013.

Really think that Sundays match could have been the making of Kane Lucas as a footballer at Carlton.
His hard running, disposal efficiency, that couragous mark in the second quarter and the clutch goal in the last would all add up to help his confidence. Heres hoping that he can back it up again this week against Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Kane is reaping the rewards of the confidence being shown in him by the coach.

Malthouse will have identified the talents on our list that he wants to nurture. Unfortunately for others he will also have identified the players he will not require moving forward. After 2 rounds, I stand by my belief that Kane must be almost at the front of the very first group I mentioned, and will be given all the support and opportunity he needs.

Looking forward to seeing what Kane mkII can deliver.

Just needs to add a bit more size to his frame but his elusiveness, disposal and willingness for a contest was great on Sunday. Missed tackles will get fixed in time.

He's not alone in that regard zee. Murphy missed a tackle against Richmond which directly resulted in a goal to Daniel Jackson.
Sunday was a massive step in the right direction for Kane - now he just needs to find some consistency in his performances.

Round 3 vs. Geelong.

The areas where Lucas needs to improve are still glaring obvious but the foundation for a very good player is just as obvious.
Not sure of how far he's running at the moment but must be in the top 3 for our club right now.

Get the impression that Malthouse knows he'll make a very good player out of Lucas and to be fair, rightly so.
It's easy to forget that Lucas has only just clocked over his 20th game and when you think about it, there wouldn't be too many 20 gamers that so much is expected from weekly.

Well and truly on the upward curve and is getting better weekly. Asset.

It's easy to forget that Lucas has only just clocked over his 20th game.
Did a double take after I saw that mentioned in another thread. Hard to believe considering Lucas started his career so well before he tore his hamstring twice. Had both hips operated on after 2010. Ruined his second season with Kane playing just two games. :thumbsdown:

Good stuff Wook. Lucas looks to be really enjoying his football at the moment and it's showing in his performance. A good pre-season, consistent playing time and the magic of Malthouse have returned the real Kane Lucas back to us.

Good stuff Wook. Lucas looks to be really enjoying his football at the moment and it's showing in his performance. A good pre-season, consistent playing time and the magic of Malthouse have returned the real Kane Lucas back to us.
Yes looks like a best 22 player and seems to know it now too. Expect this season to be the making of kane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back