Past Mark Austin

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 21. Mark Austin

Rated by Mr.Hughes as a potential gun defender who can play CHB for us and thought that he was a bargain at pick 35. Hope the wraps on him are right and it's great to hear that Bryce will settle in Melbourne with one of his best mates in Mark Austin. Hope they both become Carlton legends.

Think the kid has a bright future, hopefully he will do well in the two's and next year or the year after join the seniors.

IIRC he was probably about the youngest taken in the draft, probably hasn't turned 18 yet and is playing in a tall side abundant with KPD, so lets give him some time. He isn't going to rip apart games. I haven't watched my tape of the game yet as I was away. You say he didn't do much, did he beat his man, stick to his task but get beaten by a more experienced opponent, get his colours lowered by a nobody?

lol, what i meant was he wasnt hard at it, he sought of sat back... rarely won the ball, but with experianc im sure he will improve.. fingers crossed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: 21. Mark Austin - melbdave81

I saw the game Gilly: Austin reminds me of a young Thornton at the same age. Good piose, balance and run for guy his size. My observation was he had a job to do and is yet to fully learn (confidence) when to break away and create an attacking rebounding option.

This will come with both experience and also confidence in himself. Some watchers forget that he has only played a handful of games with these guys: not to mention a handful last year (injury).

Was pretty quiet on the weekend again.

However, when he has the ball, uses it pretty well. Has courage as well. Looks like he will need a while to develop, but there are certainly signs which suggest he could become a quality player.

I thought his last half was really good. I think this guy might be a player. Good overhead and pretty quick. Looks pretty ballanced when he has the ball. A long way off but moving in the right direction

Congratulations to Mark for getting selected to make his debut.

Have watched him a few times for the Ants and have been very impressed with him. Could have got a call up to the senior team a few weeks ago, but happy that he is finally getting a chance.

Let's not jump down his back if he doesn't rip the game apart.

REALLY looking forward to him making his debut.

How's he going guys?

Haven't heard anything about him for ages, how has he started off the season for the ants?

My buddy for 2008.

Will be putting in reports from now on.

If you've got any questions about him either post here or send them to me via PM.

Putting it out there, has Mark Austing got the biggest neck of any Carlton player?

Could Giraffe be his new nickname? haha

48454214.jpg

01-Mark-Austin.jpg

Seriously though, he is looking much bigger than previous years. His progression is VERY important to our team

Putting it out there, has Mark Austing got the biggest neck of any Carlton player?

Could Giraffe be his new nickname? haha

48454214.jpg

Seriously though, he is looking much bigger than previous years. His progression is VERY important to our team

Phwoarr, where did you get that picture?! :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back