Past Mitch Robinson

Remove this Banner Ad

Really coming of age, has the tank now to play midfield and is playing smart. A bit of polish and he'll be a great player for us. Port game was the best I've seen him play for us.

Yeah, easily his best game for the club. I think with a little more fitness he will make less mistakes during games. Whilst his fitness is good, it can get better.

Rd 12 v Brisbane

29 disposals, 13 kicks, 16 handballs, 6 marks, 0 tackles :)eek:)

Wow, hasn't he just stepped up over the last few weeks! His ball use has been great and he is becoming a cult figure with his attack on the ball and the way he seems to knock himself out for the cause.

He continually threw himself around and as I said, nearly knocked himself clean out at least twice. This physicality has lead to a report for reckless conduct(?) towards Simon Black. I believe he will get off the charge though, here's hoping anyway.

I love the direction that his game is heading, his ball use is up, he is taking great marks, working hard, winning contested ball and has become a barometer for the midfield. How he ended the game with no tackles is beyond me.

With all that said, he needs to play at this level against good opposition because Melbourne, Port Adelaide and Brisbane aren't going to play finals and we need him to fire during September.

Good to see him be cleared to play this weekend. It would have been a shame for him to miss such crucial game this weekend when he is in career best form.

Dunno if it is mostly increased fitness base but reckon he's added half a yard too

He's definitely getting to more contests and I don't think his speed was as much of an issue as McLean's has been. So an increase in fitness has seen an improvement in his ability to keep his running up to a certain level late in games which may make him seem a touch quicker.

Re: Mitch Robinson

From a development perspective he is tracking really nicely. At 22 he has cemented his place in the best 22 (for now anyway) and has slowly but surely built on his previous performances.

In 2009 he managed 10 games and averaged about 13 disposals with limited opportunities he gave us a taste of his desperation. His first game a highlight with 3 goals.

In 2010, his second year, he built nicely and managed 16 games for an average of 15 disposals but lacked that touch of composure and class.

Now we come to 2011, where so far, he has taken the next step and as I said, has cemented a place in the team playing every game this year. He has averaged 21 disposals a game and is giving us an edge of hardness which we haven't seen in a long time.

His game style requires a big body and at this stage it isn't quite there just yet. Despite his size now he still has room to get a little bigger and build on his fitness base which will make a huge difference IMO.

He is very underrated on BF and could become a top 50 player if he can get a little bigger, elevate his fitness and in turn experience will help with his composure.

With only 37 games to his name, he is relatively inexperienced and would be tracking a little better than even the coaching staff would have predicted.

He is becoming a very important player.

Rd 13 v Sydney

22 disposals, 15 kicks, 7 handballs, 5 marks, 5 tackles,

GOALS - 1

A solid game from Robbo and has continued on with his good form over the last month. He really has developed into a strong and imposing player, we expect something crazy everytime he's near the footy.

His ferocious tackle on Kennelly, his unrewarded chase on Jetta and his snap goal were for mine a highlight of his performance. His clearance is improving every game and one thing you get from Robbo is intensity that lifts the team.

One thing I'd like him to do if pick up a few more tackles and become a 5 tackle a game player. I know that's a little nitpicky but ATM he gets around 3.7 tackles per game (according to footywire) and as I said if he lifted that to 5, he'd be all the more valuable.

I can't help but think that with another preseason with time to build on his fitness and strength he will be able to take his game to another level. Imagine a Robbo with more strength...yep that's scary as hell!

351cqcw.jpg
I told you Robbo was a machine. ;)

#HeraldSunPhotoshop

:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Hughes was onto something when he said he had robinson going 10 in his draft. I thought he was bullshitting out his arse, but looks like Hughes might have been playing a straight bat!

I remember a few jokes going around about how poor a recruiter Hughes must be if he rated Robinson as the likely 10th selection in the draft. Hughes would be laughing now and his selections are starting to shine.

ROK to be the next success story.

Rd 15 v Richmond

30 disposals
19 kicks
11 handballs
4 marks
6 tackles

GOALS: 2.2

I think all of us underestimated how much we would miss him last week and you could immediately see the effect he has on the group during the Richmond game. He lifts everybody including the crowd who just love his toughness and intensity.

His game is improving by the week and now as a level of polish to his game that I didn't think he could reach this year. His disposal is now quite sound by both foot and hand and when you add a fierce attack to the contest, you get quite a player.

He hit the scoreboard today and got forward when he could which was a good sign. Having the week off did him the world of good because he was buzzing around the footy for the whole game and was easily our best player in the first half. I'd have him 2nd BOG behind Juddy who was just eye catching.

Fast becoming my favourite player, who wouldn't love his manic attack on the footy.

[/B]
All those posters on the main board that were calling him the worst footballer in the league only 10 months ago?
Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I've been itching to make a thread on the main board about Robbo but it would be better if a non-Carlton supporter made it instead.

We'd get the whole 'this isn't the Carlton board' crap, they probably haven't caught on to his improvement yet anyway!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back