Past Mitchell Carter

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
No thread yet? Poor form BF (unless there is one that I can't see)

Pick 66 - Mitchell Carter

Former club:South Fremantle / Jandakot Jets
DOB: 02/07/1991
Height: 184cm
Weight: 79kg
Position: Midfielder
Midfielder with a great turn of speed. Extremely agile as well.
Vice-captain of South Fremantle colts in 2009.
His 2.95 seconds for 20m at WA screening was very good.

carter_mitch.jpg

Re: Mitchell Carter (rookie)

Well this is my first post on my 2011 buddy so i hope it's ok, and is the first of many. Great to see him in the squad for tomorrow night, so finally get a chance to see him live.

The one constant you hear or read about Mitch is that he is a beautiful kick.
Here is a quote about Mitch by his former colts coach Neil Mildenhall
"Beautifully balanced kid who'd be perfect for AFL footy in my opinion. Plays Half back/half forward/midfield. Got a terrific leap, loves to run and carry the ball and can kick 55 metres on both feet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDyTv85K3qg&feature=related

He was injured from what i can gather, and i didn't see his name on the intra club team sheets. He may have had a hitout with bullants the other day.:)

Is he injured? haven't read much about him in the intra club games

If my memory serves me correctly I remember reading that Mitch was in the rehab group at times throughout the preseason.

Whatever was holding him back is clearly behind him though, as he has been named in our squad for tomorrow night.

From all reports he's a beatiful kick, which I am looking forward to seeing tomorrow night at some stage.

Just a little excerpt from Blueslover 101 match report from the big win over GWS.

Another was the form of Matthew Watson, Levi Casboult and Mitch Carter with all of the being impressive especially Carter who came on at the start of the 2nd half and was extremely lively with 2 goals (one of them from the pocket 50m out) and also set up a lot of the play.

Hopefully Mitch will get a run again friday aftrenoon

Pick 78 - Mitch Carter, South Fremantle, 184cm, 77kg

Carter has good football nous and a lovely left foot (something the Eagles lack). Hasn't had a huge year this year, probably better last year, but he is a good mover, good pace and ball getting ability, certainly something to work with there.

Everything about this kid makes him sound like a star - speed, beautiful kick, ball-getting ability, terrific upside.....very interested to see how he travels this year. Sounds the goods. What are his weaknesses??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he's been pretty impressive. I suppose it's going to be a very interesting season in the ants to see how these new recruits perform on a consistent basis. Still a bit surprised that Levi got the nod ahead of Twomey or Carter..

Still... I guess I'll have to reserve my judgement for a few weeks. One thing is for certain though, the ants will have some very nice help this season.

Yeah he's been pretty impressive. I suppose it's going to be a very interesting season in the ants to see how these new recruits perform on a consistent basis. Still a bit surprised that Levi got the nod ahead of Twomey or Carter..

Still... I guess I'll have to reserve my judgement for a few weeks. One thing is for certain though, the ants will have some very nice help this season.

What has impressed you most? Why do you think he was overlooked in the ND?

Re: 2011 Player Review - BF wants you!

#47 Mitch Carter

A Little bit about Mitch
Mitch was selected with pick 66 in the 2010 Rookie Draft. He describes himself as an outside player who provides run off the half-back flank and uses a penetrating kick to break the lines. He has skills on both sides of his body, (both hand and foot). Mitch stands at 183cms and weighed 76kgs when he arrived at the Blues.

AFL Games - 0
AFL Goals - 0

Season 2011 for Mitch
Mitch played 16 games in 2011. He played 13 games in the seniors and 3 in the reserves. His year saw him in and out of the VFL seniors. He debuted with the seniors in round one and got a bit of the ball, but his disposal was below par. He played for the reserves in round two and was named in the bests. Mitch returned to the seniors, playing until round nine, and played pretty well throughout these games, only kicking the one goal. He provided run off the half-back flank, but struggled to maintain consistency. He then played another game in the reserves before returning to the seniors for the second time. Mitch began to find consistency in the seniors and played well until going back into the reserves for the third and last time for the year. He played a good game. Once returning to the seniors he had a really good patch where he kicked 5 goals in three games. A strong game against Box Hill Hawks on 29th May, where he kicked two goals, saw him named in the bests. He played his last game for the season against Geelong on August 13th.
Overall he had a fairly good season. As a 19 year old in his first year on an AFL list, he did pretty well. He showed us that he has the ability to play strong roles in games and has great skills on both sides of his body. Maintaining his consistency was probably his biggest fault early on in the season, but once he found his rhythm he was playing better and better each week.

Where to from here?
As a rookie, there weren’t extremely high expectations on Mitch as he entered his first season in the AFL. He still needs to work on his ability to play a strong part in the game and not drift in and out. His speed and agility is coming along well. The main thing for Mitch to work on in season 2012 is to maintain his consistency throughout the year. If he puts his head down and really works hard, who knows what could happen for Mitch in 2012.
I wish him all the best. Keep working at it Mitch!

Re: 2011 Player Review - BF wants you!

#47 Mitch Carter

A Little bit about Mitch
Mitch was selected with pick 66 in the 2010 Rookie Draft. He describes himself as an outside player who provides run off the half-back flank and uses a penetrating kick to break the lines. He has skills on both sides of his body, (both hand and foot). Mitch stands at 183cms and weighed 76kgs when he arrived at the Blues.

AFL Games - 0
AFL Goals - 0

Season 2011 for Mitch
Mitch played 16 games in 2011. He played 13 games in the seniors and 3 in the reserves. His year saw him in and out of the VFL seniors. He debuted with the seniors in round one and got a bit of the ball, but his disposal was below par. He played for the reserves in round two and was named in the bests. Mitch returned to the seniors, playing until round nine, and played pretty well throughout these games, only kicking the one goal. He provided run off the half-back flank, but struggled to maintain consistency. He then played another game in the reserves before returning to the seniors for the second time. Mitch began to find consistency in the seniors and played well until going back into the reserves for the third and last time for the year. He played a good game. Once returning to the seniors he had a really good patch where he kicked 5 goals in three games. A strong game against Box Hill Hawks on 29th May, where he kicked two goals, saw him named in the bests. He played his last game for the season against Geelong on August 13th.
Overall he had a fairly good season. As a 19 year old in his first year on an AFL list, he did pretty well. He showed us that he has the ability to play strong roles in games and has great skills on both sides of his body. Maintaining his consistency was probably his biggest fault early on in the season, but once he found his rhythm he was playing better and better each week.

Where to from here?
As a rookie, there weren’t extremely high expectations on Mitch as he entered his first season in the AFL. He still needs to work on his ability to play a strong part in the game and not drift in and out. His speed and agility is coming along well. The main thing for Mitch to work on in season 2012 is to maintain his consistency throughout the year. If he puts his head down and really works hard, who knows what could happen for Mitch in 2012.
I wish him all the best. Keep working at it Mitch!

He also showed he doesn't like being dropped and can force his way back into the seniors side pretty quickly. :thumbsu:

i'm a fan of mitchell..but with ellard,AJ still on the list an not that old i can't see him getting a game,an will be cut this year hope i'm wrong back he just lacks that something to make it sad to the coachs like him alot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back