Past Player - Nicholas Joyce

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope his footy skills match his charisma skills. What a well spoken man he appears to be.

Had the biggest grin going when he wasn't speaking, looks as if he is truely fulfilling a life long dream. Kids speak about it all the time, wanting to be a footy legend, but this kid appears to just emit joy. I reckon we have a potential excellent tagger on our hands.

It's a joy to have you Joyce.

Pun fully intended.

i read he is a tagger too. I thought footy was heading away from taggers because of presses and zones. Hope he is a good talent to have other strings to his bow.

i read he is a tagger too. I thought footy was heading away from taggers because of presses and zones. Hope he is a good talent to have other strings to his bow.

No that's the excuse we used because we don't have a decent tagger and an excuse to move Reilly into another position

I hope his footy skills match his charisma skills. What a well spoken man he appears to be.

Had the biggest grin going when he wasn't speaking, looks as if he is truely fulfilling a life long dream. Kids speak about it all the time, wanting to be a footy legend, but this kid appears to just emit joy.

Interviewed really well for a young lad just drafted. Massive cheese eating grin whilst Grigg and CEY were being interviewed, obviously just loved being there.

Teriffic that we've picked up a young man employed at the club, and another in Grigg who is a lifelong Crows supporter. I hope that they go on to forge successful careers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was watching the presser he did and I am so impressed with how well he presents himself! If he was dressed up as Claude every time this year, he attacked my friend for not high fiving him LOL

NJ is a country boy, having been raised on a 4000 acres wheat, barley and sheep farm 15 minutes west of Crystal Brook.

A a youngster, he played for the Crystal Brook Bruisers, coming down to the city on his own when he turned 16 to play for WWT, which necessitated WTbuying him from North as he was tied by area to North.

He played State U/16's and U/18's. Dislocated his shoulder when playing an U/18's State trial against Sturt, resulting in him missing 2 of the games before playing the last 3 against Vic Country, Vic Metro and WA. He then had an operation to fix the shoulder, which ended his season

Rowey asked him about his dad, saying that Rendell had described the dad as tough as old gum boots, and asked NJ whether he was in the same mould, to which NJ replied that he doesn't like to show any weakness on the field.

He got the job at the Crows through Trent Hentschel advertising it throughout the WWT club - where Trent works. The job had given him opportunity to sit in on staff meetings and watch the boys train all year. The job has now ceased with him being on the main list.

Rendell interviewed player after player, which Nick obviously saw. He'd given up in Rendell talking to him, until finally Rendell said, I suppose I'd better have a chat to you too. After the chat Rendell said they would talk again in November - which never happened.

NJ said he was crapping himself because of the lack of interest by Rendell, although other clubs had approached him, with one showing a lot of interest.

Athough he had often played a negating role, taking a player out of the game , something which he thought he did well, his preference was to just play and win his own ball.

Rowey asked him who caught his eye when watching training and he couldn't say enough about Rory Sloane. Admired the way he trained and his skills, and the time he gave to kids when he wasnt actually training.

He spoke a little bit about Crystal Brook when asked and said that it was a strong footy town, with the Juniors just missing their 4th successive flag and the Seniors winning the flag. The highlight of the town was the bakery - best pasties in SA according to MJ. :thumbsu:

He's been allocated #42 as his guernsey number. He won't be doing any physical contact training until February because of the operation.

Typical country lad, who speaks very fluently and enthusiastically - a pleasure to listen to. If he plays as well as he spoke we'll be very pleased with him indeed.

PS He doesn't want to be called Claude :D

Just have a funny feeling about this story, injuries aside, I think we may have 'hidden' him this year.

Has anyone here seen much of him?
I wonder if we had him on our draft list before we gave him the officer job this year.
He speaks very well too, wish him all the best.

Just have a funny feeling about this story, injuries aside, I think we may have 'hidden' him this year.

Best joke ever, we hid him inside our mascot costume.

Sounds great but he did mention that some other club was very interested.

Disappointed he won't be called Claude. Maybe it'll be Qantas or Barnaby as already mentioned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back