Past player - Richard Geary (1989)

Richard Geary

DOB: 24/9/63

Height: 181cm

Weight: 78 kg

Playing number: 34

Arrived: Drafted at pick 52 in the 1989 pre-season draft, from South Fremantle

Debut: Round 5, 1989 vs St Kilda – 50th Eagles player.

Games: 2

Goals: 0

Departed: Delisted at the end of the 1989 season.

Originally from the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Richard Geary played under-19s footy for Fitzroy before transferring to Richmond where he played 18 senior games.

A wingman slash half forward, Geary was the last player added to West Coast’s squad for the 1989 season after playing for South Fremantle in 1988. He played two games for the Eagles, both losses, and picked up a total of just three possessions. Geary did, however, have a good year with the Bulldogs, leading the club’s goalscoring for the 1989 season.

Apr 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Played only a couple of games in what was a disastrous season.

Really handy for the Bulldogs that year though - think he kicked 48 goals for the year including some big(ish) hauls as the Bulldogs made the Grand Final.

Sep 30, 2012
The suburbs
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, Ferrari, Minardi
IMG_3989_%28360x480%29.jpg

any idea where i can get hold of him now i would like him to sign a book for me please any help would be good
cheers

Did pretty detailed searches for Geary, Young and Gwilliam when I was doing the Past Player threads and didn't find anything for any of them, unfortunately.

rbartlett

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Did pretty detailed searches for Geary, Young and Gwilliam when I was doing the Past Player threads and didn't find anything for any of them, unfortunately.

I interviewed Richard Geary earlier this year.
He played in Little League Premiership for Richmond in 1974, then went to Under19s , then Reserves, then Seniors. He donated the Little League flag to the Richmond Museum this year.

His son is on twitter Aaron_ Geary - probably best to try that through that way.

- Rhett

Back