Carlton
Other Teams
N Mystics & GC Lightning
11. Robert Warnock

warnock_robert_o.png

DOB: 19/1/1987

Height: 206cm

Weight: 104kg

Draft History: Pick 42 (Fremantle), 2005 National Draft. Traded by Fremantle to Carlton for picks 24, 56 and 68 in the 2008 National Draft.

Recruited From: Old Brighton/Sandringham U18/Fremantle

Debut: Round 6, 2007 vs Brisbane

Twitter: twitter.com/rob_warnock

Career Highlights: Video to be provided

2013 Forecast:

Re: Robbie Warnock

He already's been given number 11? :p
Source? So Ackland's been delisted then? Anyway, to Robbie, welcome to the best club in the league mate.:thumbsu: We have faith that you will be a great ruckman and let us know why Freo wanted so much in exchange for you.

A bit harsh on Friesy one thinks. But he'll be a hell of alot more better than Ackland.:thumbsu:

Saw the big fella running pretty hard down at Dendy park the other day. Still is a bean pole though!! Was nearly vomiting at one stage!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think of it as a positive, its good news that hes pushing himself that hard this early and on his own!

geez after seeing what sandilands did to our small "ruckmen" in the game vs freo and how instrumental he was all around the ground with his tap work , i cant wait for Robert to get out their in the Navy Blue... i gues when his up and fit and going our ruck divsion shall be complete... Very excited about this prospect

geez after seeing what sandilands did to our small "ruckmen" in the game vs freo and how instrumental he was all around the ground with his tap work , i cant wait for Robert to get out their in the Navy Blue... i gues when his up and fit and going our ruck divsion shall be complete... Very excited about this prospect
To compete with Sandilands, Warnock will need to put on about 15kg's, and to do that without him blowing up it will take a few years.

To compete with Sandilands it needs to be at ground level. We weren't respectful enough of Schammer and Haselby and needed to work much harder around the stoppages.

i've seen that warnock has had a lot of knockers and ppl have written him off b4 he's played a game. but even if he is not the best footballer he is still 206cm and will get his hands on it more often than not, which should help us with clearances. in years 2 come this will allow kruezer 2 play as the backup/pinch hitting ruckman and play up forward. although i'm impressed with hampson, in a few years i dont think carlton will require him as u cant play 3 genuine ruckmen at once

^^North play four ruckman during some games...funny thing Jacobs and Hampson IMO have shown more than Warnock. Yet Warnock is a giant and will help us hitting it to our midfield which will make them more dominat.

^^Given the mobility of the three ruckmen in question (Warnock, Kruezer and Hampson), I don't think that playing all three of them in the side at the same time would be a great problem.
Obviously it would come down to match-ups with particular teams, but I would love to see them all playing together. Imagine Special K at CHF, Warnock lining up in the ruck and Hampson (whoose accelaration is phenomenal for a 202cm bloke) on the wing......

u hear so much about kruezer becoming our chf but i dont think he has enough strings 2 his bow 2 be our main kp at chf, maybe resting in the forward pocket so he gets the third tall defender. his best postition is ruck because he is so good around the ground and as a link up player. i dont know about hampson playing on the wing, so many better wingers than him

u hear so much about kruezer becoming our chf but i dont think he has enough strings 2 his bow 2 be our main kp at chf, maybe resting in the forward pocket so he gets the third tall defender. his best postition is ruck because he is so good around the ground and as a link up player. i dont know about hampson playing on the wing, so many better wingers than him

You may be right.....I don't know what other strings Kruezer would need to add to his bow. As far as I can see he would be a very good CHF, good kick, right size, good mobility, good skills generally, and he can take a good mark.
And of course we have plenty of other people that can play on the wings, but Hampson would give us something different, I agree that we are unlikely to see it though...

I like the idea of both Hampson and Warnock giving us tall marking options for the kick ins. Krueze at CHF gives them in turn a good marking option.

if Warnock lives up to his reputation Hampson and Warnock will ruck which will free up KRUZZ as the other key forwad we need .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back