Past Robert Warnock

Remove this Banner Ad

IMGP9594.jpg

IMGP9596.jpg

Still think Clarke is going to be better anyway.

You would only think that because of your dislike of Warnock.

Clarke has shown very little to suggest that he'll be a competent AFL footballer.

Very ordinary footballer at this stage.

Warnock showed plenty, particularly in the 2nd half of 2010. He'll be an excellent footballer for a number of seasons.

You would only think that because of your dislike of Warnock.

Clarke has shown very little to suggest that he'll be a competent AFL footballer.

Very ordinary footballer at this stage.

Warnock showed plenty, particularly in the 2nd half of 2010. He'll be an excellent footballer for a number of seasons.

I think what Clarke has shown in his 1st 2 season compared to Warnocks is equivelant if not better.

Round 1 Stats

17 Possessions (14 Contested)
5 Clearances
7 Tackles
12 Pressure Acts (Yeah, I'm not sure what this means)
30 Hitouts (30% to advantage)
2 Contested Marks

Not sure what Score Inv is meant to mean, but he had 7 of those bad boys.

Edit: It's score involvements. Ahhh.

Round 1 Stats

5 Clearances
7 Tackles
2 Contested Marks

:eek: I'm planning for one pressure act tonight, but if Warncok can muster 12 in an evening his calling may be elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1 Stats

5 Clearances
7 Tackles
2 Contested Marks

Edit: It's score involvements. Ahhh.

Didn't Judd get suspended for his pressure act? And warnock had 12 of em?!! Rubbed out for the whole season i reckon....

Loved Warnock's effort
Only thing I would like him to do is get more quad and core strength so he can hold his position better when the 2 rucks jostle for posi. Seemed to be moved off his spot too easily for a bloke that massive

Speaking on the footy show yesterday, he stated that he has gained 14 kgs since arriving at Carlton.

He may have taken that off Levi.

Odd that there were 2 views on Warmocks efforts on Thursday night.
It seemed pretty clear as to just how good he is going to be for us.
I also dodn't see him getting pushed off the contest as some had alluded to.
I think he positions himself very well, in just about every contest.

Robbie Warnock works on his belief

Only now, having completed a full pre-season for the first time at Visy Park, is Warnock ready, and able, to stamp his authority on the AFL.

Though it was somewhat overshadowed by Carlton's season-opening win against Richmond, the ruckman's breakthrough game came three weeks ago.

The 206cm beanpole had 30 hitouts, including nine effective, and 14 contested possessions, all career-highs.

Robbie Warnock works on his belief

Injury blues over, Warnock makes his mark
For Warnock, things are still unfolding. This year he is winning more hit-outs than all but four other ruckmen. Champion Data ranks him fourth for hitouts to advantage and seventh for clearances. Just three other ruckmen have won more possessions from contests, but having finally started to play, Warnock is thinking more about how he'd like to add to his game.

Carlton's ruck coach, Mathew Capuano, watched Warnock's belief return gradually last year, and is as excited about what he will be able to do as what he's doing right now. ''We can all see the improvement in his game and I think Robbie's starting to see it too, but I also see some real growth in terms of what he's got left to do and where he could take his game. He's playing well, but he's also showing real potential,'' he said.

''For someone of his size, he's probably a bit on the lighter side, so his body strength isn't a big part of his game right now. If he puts on a bit more weight, then I think in combination with his running power, he could compete even better with some of the really big guys.''
Injury blues over, Warnock makes his mark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back