Past Player: Scott Selwood (2008 - 2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

I know this sounds bad but um at one stage during the game I was like yelling at him hoping he would duck to get a free kick haha which he did! :p

Has had a good start.

I know this sounds bad but um at one stage during the game I was like yelling at him hoping he would duck to get a free kick haha which he did! :p

tsk tsk.

Round 2 vs Melbourne and Round 3 vs St. Kilda.

Scooter's been playing well, but he hasn't exactly had the barnstorming, apartment-block-razing, record breaking start to the season we all expected. A solid 21 disposals against the hapless Dees, but just one mark and two tackles, and five frees against. We all know what this means. A shithouse Dreamteam score. 48 points is not good enough and I'm sure he knows it. Never fear though, as sponsor, I took it upon myself to inform him of this, and we had a good discussion over dinner at The Print Hall his house.

In Simmo's post-game press conference he revealed Scooter was playing with a sore ankle. This explains a few things, like why he kicked one ball out on the full tonight. Sore ankle or not, he finished with 23 disposals tonight, with 2 marks, and all importantly one free against and 9 tackles, meaning 97 DT points. Clearly our discussion had an impact. Anyway we're 3-0, the Dockers aren't, and Scooter's playing well under duress, which is all that matters right now.

Round 4 vs Geelong and Round 5 vs Port Adelaide

I think everyone would agree that the last two weeks haven't been the most enjoyable. These were games in which we saw quite a few more negatives than positives, but I think it's not quite as bad as the majority of the Eagles board would think. Anyway, Scott finished the Geelong massacre with a solid 23 disposals, but just two tackles (however no one got above 5), and one mark. This game really exposed our lack of pace and the fact that three tall's is one too many against a quick team, and most of us were fuming at Gaff's lack of willingness to hit a contest hard and Sheppard, well most things he did.

Against Port the other night, I only listened to it on the radio, but Scott finished with just 16 disposals, he also picked up 5 tackles this time around which is a positive. Again, our lack of pace was exposed from what I heard but at least we ran all day. But, he isn't at his high possession line breaking ( :cool: ) best at the moment. Maybe it's his ankle, maybe he's playing a different role, maybe he's pregnant, who knows, all I can say is that he has been a bit disappointing, along with the majority of the team.

Next week I'll be at the Carlton game (and the ANZAC Day game at the G :footy: :D ) so I'll be keeping a close eye on what Scooter does.

Last edited:
Aw Scooter! :hearts:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott Selwood
The younger brother of Geelong superstar Joel Selwood *cries* :(:(:(:(:(

Why is he putting on a hard tag this year? I figured given his importance as an offensive option on your midfield that, at most, he would go head-to-head with opposition mids. Is he going to be let off the leash at all?

Why is he putting on a hard tag this year? I figured given his importance as an offensive option on your midfield that, at most, he would go head-to-head with opposition mids. Is he going to be let off the leash at all?

Doesn't have the kicking skills to play as an offensive mid which is why he's gone back to being a stopper. Don't count on him improving your Dreamteam or Supercoach.

Round 6 vs Mick and the Umpires and Round 7 vs the Purple Flogs

Excuse my title. I've had a few drinks, we lost the Derby, what more should I say. Scooter's been good. I thought he was one of our best today with his tagging and 19 disposals. Against Carlton, he had 25 disposals but his job on Murphy wasn't quite successful.

I'm agreeing with a number of other posters when I say that Scooter is by far at his best when he is tagging. His skills aren't that of a line breaking mid that we so desperately need right now. He's best off being played in a role that he is very good at rather than filling a role that down the tack a bit, someone else will fill.

In other news I recently saw one of my Dad's ex colleagues at the Carlton game (one day I'll see a f*cking Eagles win, bloody hell), who said they had won a dinner with Luke Shuey and Scott Selwood at Frasers'. The wife of this man said that Scooter was the type of person she'd want her daughter to come home with, he was absolutely "charming" and "lovely" (her words not mine), so there's a positive a midst the doom and gloom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back