Retired Stephen Milne

lazy1

Rookie
Jul 25, 2006
Darwin
AFL Club
St Kilda
Had the pleasure of popping over to watch St Mary's v Southern Districts on Saturday night. Milney's first game I believe. He was a bit rusty as to be expected - dropped a couple and didn't get the distance on a couple of shots - but still ended up with 3 goals I think. Really enjoyed a moment where he was grandstand side and had taken a mark on the boundary about 60 out. He tried to sidestep the kid (looked about 17) who had been tagging him all game and the kid won out with a great tackle, much to the delight of the grandstand. Milney came up with a big smile and patted the kid on the back. I think he is going to enjoy himself up here.

Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The Exers
Had the pleasure of popping over to watch St Mary's v Southern Districts on Saturday night. Milney's first game I believe. He was a bit rusty as to be expected - dropped a couple and didn't get the distance on a couple of shots - but still ended up with 3 goals I think. Really enjoyed a moment where he was grandstand side and had taken a mark on the boundary about 60 out. He tried to sidestep the kid (looked about 17) who had been tagging him all game and the kid won out with a great tackle, much to the delight of the grandstand. Milney came up with a big smile and patted the kid on the back. I think he is going to enjoy himself up here.

Whats his contract status with St Marys? Im heading up to Darwin in November and wouldnt mind watching a game if he is going to be playing.....

lazy1

Rookie
Jul 25, 2006
Darwin
AFL Club
St Kilda
I thought it was for the whole season but just found this in the NT News:
St Marys coach Rick Nolan is rapt to have a player of Milne’s calibre on his list.
“Getting Stephen to Darwin wasn’t that hard because of his friendship with Clarkey and he wanted to come,’’ Nolan said.
“But it’s great that he’s signed with the club, even if it will only be five or six games he can teach our young blokes a hell of a lot.’’

TN25

Premiership Player
Suspended
Sep 8, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Scorchers, Glory, Southampton
Can we find a way for him to play for us next year? Put him on The Recruit. Jokes aside. Good on him

Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The Exers
FYI milney is playing in his second grand final this afternoon for Strathfieldsaye Storm. Unlike last year when he kicked 100 goals in the season he hasnt played too many matches this year and is a little out of shape. Storm have been undefeated this season so are a good chance to win back-to-back flags

Back