Past Tom Bell

Remove this Banner Ad

Bell gets it back, runs inside 50, kicks, GOAL!! Ding ******* Ding!

One last time. All class Tommy. Good luck mate.

Decent results.
Thanks for playing your heart out for the Blues Tommy Bell, wish you nothing but the best for the future in footy and family.

#RingaDingDing

Good luck Tommy B and thank you for your service. You gave it your all week in week out. I think we will see just how good you are when we meet Brisbane in 2016.

Every hardnut we have had in the past 10yrs has ended up in Brisbane.

Last edited:
Thinking we offload #21 to GWS for Tomlinson ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to see Belly go but absolutely understandable in the circumstances.

The professionalism, heart & improvement shown by him in such trying circumstances is a credit to the young fella.

2 trades in & SOS has played a blinder so far. He's certainly earning my trust ATM. Getting 21 is a fantastic result for us.

We'll miss you, Tom. The very best of luck up north my man.

Yep, great result considering the circumstances. Brissie have picked up a player and we got a good pick

Farewell Tommy all the very best always went about your footy 5 star,glad this deal worked out well for all of us in the end:).

Geez reading the last couple of pages of this thread and contrasting it to last year with Beams on the Pies board, the differences couldn't be more stark really. Nice to see.

Fair trade in the end IMO. Hopefully you guys end up with Aish somehow too :thumbsu:
I guess we need to use our #1 PSD pick on something!

Geez reading the last couple of pages of this thread and contrasting it to last year with Beams on the Pies board, the differences couldn't be more stark really. Nice to see.

Fair trade in the end IMO. Hopefully you guys end up with Aish somehow too :thumbsu:
No question that Bell is highly respected - has never put a foot wrong and always given every bit of himself. Has continued to improve year in, year out and will improve again next year.

Imo, the blues are likely to 'lose out' in this trade and by a fair margin (unless we manage to pick up tomlinson/draft a gun) - Pick 30 (points differential) or, pick 21 if you ignore the latter steak knives undervalues bell.

Under normal circumstances, the club would be stupid to have traded bell -> given his family circumstances though, it was the right thing to do - Enjoy the many years of quality service that bell will provide the lions

Sad to see Bell go but completely understandable given the circumstances surrounding his desire to head home.

Brisbane fans may not know it yet...but very quickly they will love Belly and what he will bring to the team. Will be a good player for them as he had developed into for us.

Best of luck to him.....I dare say we'll be watching how his career progresses with great interest, from afar.

As for the trade itself, pick 21 is a good result. Will be interesting to see whether we keep that pick or if we move it on in another trade. May be the pick we send to GWS.

Best of luck at the Lions Tom, I really feel he has untapped potential. I reckon he could have been a Kouta clone

Big win for both sides, you got your 20 pick and we got some extra points back to help out for our academy kids.

If only other clubs were as easy to deal with, big ups to you guys!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back