Retired #9: Adam Ramanauskas

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 9. Adam Ramanauskas

I wouldn't mind if he was given another year; play him in the forward line, with davey and jetta their his pace wont be an issue; his brains will get him by.

lucky to get a game this week. perhaps the farewell tour has begun......

Do you ever write a positive thing about efc or any of its players?
Or is it just your thing? Knifing people in the back.

I write plenty of positive things on here mate.

Obviously your a selective reader.

By the way it's a forum to express your opinions on the club and it's players. We've been pretty average for a number of years now so if you think it's all positive then you've got your head in the sand.

Another very poor game from Rama - he is one of our biggest passengers.

Please retire and do the right thing (I don't want him to play on and be remembered as a schite player when he finished).

Play for Bendigo next year in the middle and help the developing kids.

Another very poor game from Rama - he is one of our biggest passengers.

Please retire and do the right thing (I don't want him to play on and be remembered as a schite player when he finished).

Play for Bendigo next year in the middle and help the developing kids.

i reckon that's a pretty fair assessment. I think he is only getting a game cos we don't have anyone else. I would be really surprised of he comes back for more next year.

I think some of us have been too quick to write Rama off. Given how much footy he missed, can we expect that one preseason is going to return him to his peak fitness and performance?
I would love him to come back for next season, even in the event of another poor season I can't see his reputation being sullied as Pevers-Legend suggests. Knights is dead right to let Rama decide - he is probably best placed to know whether he can get more out of his body than he currently is.

he's not going to get any quicker or stronger is he??? unfortunately he is just no longer up to it

Agreed, Rama is not getting quicker, and his body would be really feeling the stress after all it's been through. An absolute credit to him, but it would be unreasonable for himself, or others to think that in another 6 months time he is going to have the speed or the strength to compete at this level for another full season. I'd hope he gives it away whilst he is on a high and has achieved all he needs to achieve. Move into a coaching role or play with the VFL affiliate and still be around the club's youngsters helping those fella's out. Think about what his body has been through, the guy is a champion for making it back. I'd be concerned if he thinks he can go around for another year. If he does though, I'd love nothing than him to smash a thousands eggs all over my face, and I'll gleefully lick that egg off my face. I just don't see it happening though... :eek:

I remember Hird being asked in about 01 - 02 how he thinks Rama will be going in 3 years time. Hird said without hesitation that he'd be one of the best midfielders in the comp.

I feel robbed as a supporter that cancer took away his career, but it pales into insignificance compared to what he went through and overcame. I can't blame him for seeing footy as a lesser priority in life afterwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back