Traded #13: Andrew Lovett

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 13. Andrew Lovett

Talk about sneeking under the radar....

What a soft, front running, selfish footballer this bloke is turning out to be.

Another who as a mature age player doesn't cut the mustard and is a major part of the problem with our team.

Obviously this was said a few months ago - its what Andy has done in the following months that has impressed me the most. He's delivered, and added many more strings to his bow - he has chased, tackled, harassed and gone in for his own ball; I reckon he would be Top 5 in our B&F easily.

Wow...top 5!? Wouldnt have thought that, but maybe! Interesting to see you said his chasing has been better. That's probably the 1 thing that annoys me about him. I reckon he is the fastest player in the league, but he doesnt seem to get those Alwyn Davey chase down tackles that I crave so bad without Alwyn there!. I know he has them in him!!!

Our top 5 B&F so far imo would be

1. Hille
2. McVeigh
3. Fletcher
4. Lloyd
5. Watson

And Lovett around 6-9

I would probably agree with your top 3! Hille has been awesome and should be in contention for All-Australian IMO! Wouldnt be surprised if Ryder and Slattery(if he gets back and plays some good footy) have nice finishes in the B & F! Yeah Lovett probably around 8-10!

Our top 5 B&F so far imo would be

1. Hille
2. McVeigh
3. Fletcher
4. Lloyd
5. Watson

And Lovett around 6-9

Fletch top 3? Bit of a stretch - he's been massive in a few games - he's also been down for a lot - Lovett would be in our top 5

Fletch top 3? Bit of a stretch - he's been massive in a few games - he's also been down for a lot - Lovett would be in our top 5
You can pretty much gaurentee he will rank top 10 in most games in the B&F, usually being so consistent would get you high placing.

Has been put up as trade bait according to Channel 10.

Yeah, Channel 7 and 9 both reported that he will be traded after Knights has had enough of him not obeying club rules.

Confirmed on MMM later on.

I am still not convinced about all of this though......

Yeah, Channel 7 and 9 both reported that he will be traded after Knights has had enough of him not obeying club rules.

Confirmed on MMM later on.

I am still not convinced about all of this though......

I hope they are tripping cause dont want to see him go until he has a norm smith medal in a premiership team. ;)

I really hope he doesn't get traded. Although I agree he is lazy at times... his best is shear brilliance that only few in the league can match. it's too good a talent to offer up to another team which will inevitably bite us on the ass. On the other hand... the trade suggestion could be the rocket up the ass that he clearly needs to give 100% week in... week out. I stand by lovett and I don't want to see him in any other colours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand The frustration that comes with Lovett....but I could not stand to see him in others colours, tearing us apart! I think the club just needs to sit him down over the off-season and make watch his 2005 Anzac Day medal performance over and over, and maybe throw in an Alwyn Davey chase-down-tackle mixtape! 1 more year I say....with hopefully a full year from Davey and Dempsey next season, I cant wait to see the defensive pressure of Davey, Lovett, Jetta, Dempsey harassing the opposition! Come'on Andy, pull your finger out....please!

I really hope he doesn't get traded. Although I agree he is lazy at times... his best is shear brilliance that only few in the league can match. it's too good a talent to offer up to another team which will inevitably bite us on the ass. On the other hand... the trade suggestion could be the rocket up the ass that he clearly needs to give 100% week in... week out. I stand by lovett and I don't want to see him in any other colours.

:thumbsu:

I can understand The frustration that comes with Lovett....but I could not stand to see him in others colours, tearing us apart! I think the club just needs to sit him down over the off-season and make watch his 2005 Anzac Day medal performance over and over, and maybe throw in an Alwyn Davey chase-down-tackle mixtape! 1 more year I say....with hopefully a full year from Davey and Dempsey next season, I cant wait to see the defensive pressure of Davey, Lovett, Jetta, Dempsey harassing the opposition! Come'on Andy, pull your finger out....please!

Right on the money mate! :thumbsu:
I think when surrounded by the stars you mentioned and more experienced youngsters he just may flourish, definitely worth keeping him on if only for 1 year... just to see if it's correct.
Just imagine how much it would suck to see him playing in a collingwood or carlton shirt tearing one of our youngsters a new a-hole!

I'm hoping like hell that Lovey doesn't leave the Dons. I couldn't bear seeing him absolutely carving up for another team next year...Please Knighter, dont trade Andy Lovett!!!!!!!!!!!
Plus, I think that his year, especially his form upon his return from the mid season suspension has been great, definitely been one of our best since then

As good as gone I reckon.

About the best we can hope for is an early second rounder.
Hope we don't get what we want and we keep him.

i dont think we will get what we want for him and he will become a better player than ever next season. he really wants to stay.

i dont think we will get what we want for him and he will become a better player than ever next season. he really wants to stay.

If he really wants to stay, it doesn't matter what we're offered.

Contracted players can only be traded if there's a mutual agreement between club and player.

No doubt he wants to stay, but that would have to involve turning up to training on a semi-regular basis. Preferably sober as well.

It's a tough one for me, how do you deal with a bloke with freakish talent but without the necessary desire to cash in on it?

Knights and co. will earn their money on this call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back