Traded #13: Andrew Lovett

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 13. Andrew Lovett

He makes things happen!

Thinking of Winderlich's first goal which was the snap from the boundary line that could have so easily been a goal to Freo.

Stanton handpasses to the ground in front of Pears in defence, Lovett cleans up, gets away by probably a centimetre or 2 from a diving defender and sets up a fast break.

We are a much better side with Andrew Lovett playing, even if his stats aren't all that impressive from yesterdays game.

I think he could be our barometer for the year. When he's getting the ball we look very dangerous.

lovett is huge for us and i am so glad we kept him. i missed the freo game so just curious as to how he handled the tag? (if it was a close tag?). would love to see him become a resilient player, which would make him a top 5 player for us (if not already).

Crowley was on him. Was kept pretty quiet in the first quarter. After that he was really good.

Although he doesn't get those 30 possie games it's the quality of his possesions which are so good.

Was watching him at the end of the last qtr when lucas scrubbed a quick kick forward, he slipped and was against 2 defenders, which they cleared it way with reletive ease. Andy was absolutley filthy on himself afterwards. Glad to see that he had some passion for the jumper and played really well otherwise.
Go Lovett!

Star....that's all.

The most damaging guy on our list, and one of the most damaging guys in the comp.

His disposal is flawless, he just never makes a mistake. And his run, well, nothing really needs to be said.

And even better, when Welsh and McVeigh provide a few more big bodies in the midfield, he's only going to get better.

Thank christ he's still in red and black, I couldn't stand him doing what he's doing somewhere else.

[...]

Thank christ he's still in red and black, I couldn't stand him doing what he's doing somewhere else.

My god yes. It's a haunting kind of appreciation. Imagine if he was playing for Carl/Coll/Haw/StK this year? It makes me shudder. And I don't think I'll breathe out till he signs a new contract. But I do remember someone from the club saying this year, "People don't realise how much he loves this club", so that's a good sign.

Sometimes everything will be confusing and congested, and he'll just say "Right" and zzzoooom, he's found five metres of space and is delivering the ball laces out, and following it up. And I absolutely love how our midfield these days is showing love for each other at the stoppages, standing up for each other in the tussles -- Lovett is a big part of this. He's looking more and more like a key part of our next premiership team's midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lovett ???

Does anyone know about Lovett's contract position? just gettin a little nervous that the longer its left the more chance he will be moved on which I hope doesnt happen as he has been one our stars..

Re: Lovett ???

Does anyone know about Lovett's contract position? just gettin a little nervous that the longer its left the more chance he will be moved on which I hope doesnt happen as he has been one our stars..

Not sure where his contract sits, but am pretty sure we won't be seeing a repeat of last off season.

Totally agree, but it just bothters me that they have signed a few players in the last few weeks but not yet him

They'll sign him, it will be a slap in the face to anyone that turns their life around if they don't.

Hopefully he won't past that one onto the cheese and kiss's!

He is on a performance base contract now, so i'm guessing they are waiting until the season finishes to work out what he needs to get paid next year. I'm not worried at all, he'll be in the colours next year.
Probably for the best, but essentially means he's always under pressure to perform, which may be more than the player deserves.

Probably for the best, but essentially means he's always under pressure to perform, which may be more than the player deserves.

If he continues to show dedication to the club and doesn't slip up then eventually he'll be able to negotiate that out of his contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back