Traded #13: Andrew Lovett

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 13. Andrew Lovett

Was pathetic tonight, really did look like he didn't want to be out there. FFS Andrew you've done well this year but you can't have all the hard work done for you and expect to have the ball handed to you every week.

Was pathetic tonight, really did look like he didn't want to be out there. FFS Andrew you've done well this year but you can't have all the hard work done for you and expect to have the ball handed to you every week.

Without a ruckman it means Watson and other inside mids get no ball, and this means by addition its very difficult for Lovett to get his hands on it. He is a finisher, not an extractor. Though, his chasing and attitude has been down of late...

Cue "Lovett is terrible, we should trade him" posts over the next few weeks.

He has dropped off of late but just look at the improvement from last year. If a player of his potential continues to improve why would you want to trade him? The possibility is he could have a blinder one season and tear teams apart, of course depending on the ruck and clearance work.

Went out to watch him make his debut for Red Cliffs this arvo. Looked good when he had the ball, but bloody hell, he wouldn't get the ball unless it was kicked straight to him. Barely moved for the entire game. Put on a bit of weight (not to the extent of Derek Kickett) and just looked so lazy. Was waltzing into an open goal in the last only to be run down from behind.

View attachment 63184

I know it's not the best photo (actually, it's bloody poor) but he pretty much never moved from there.

Did anybody see his return to football on the weekend?

Gee he's put on some weight! :eek:

Fair gut on him for such a skinny guy.
old michael long & derreck kickett, & Dean rioli all have staked on the fat.
not sure how the ex indigenous players fair at other clubs when their career is over, but the Essendon ones seem to be packing on the pudding

old michael long & derreck kickett, & Dean rioli all have staked on the fat.
not sure how the ex indigenous players fair at other clubs when their career is over, but the Essendon ones seem to be packing on the pudding

The legends game was on last night and Jeff Farmer has blown up, but Troy Cook and Michael O'Lachlan still looked fit. Having said that, it's not reserved for just indigenous guys - Lance Whitnall is a tank (big surprise) as are quite a few others.

The legends game was on last night and Jeff Farmer has blown up, but Troy Cook and Michael O'Lachlan still looked fit. Having said that, it's not reserved for just indigenous guys - Lance Whitnall is a tank (big surprise) as are quite a few others.
I know a lot if ex players do, let them self go. Just noticed a lot of ex essendon indigenous players have

Really?

Photos?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was that deliberate? Very well played if so. Brilliant unintentional pun if not.
Yes, it was intentional. It's nice to see some people appreciate my humour. Usually I get a classroom of blank faces staring back at me. It's as if they think teachers aren't allowed to make jokes.

Yes, it was intentional. It's nice to see some people appreciate my humour. Usually I get a classroom of blank faces staring back at me. It's as if they think teachers aren't allowed to make jokes.
Depends. Are you an eccentric personality?

Depends. Are you an eccentric personality?
I wouldn't say I'm eccentric. I'm probably more personable with students than a lot of teachers, but that's a lot to with the fact there isn't a huge age difference between myself and my students.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back