Past players

Remove this Banner Ad

Mixed feelings ....... can understand it would be great for him to be part of a premiership team and same for any player esp those who have given long service to our / any club, but it's also great for a player to show loyalty in sticking with their club for their whole career. Hard to know if it would have meant more for him if he was still with us - suspect not. So a bit of resentment but some grudging good for you Brain :p
Its not so much that he left, but the way he left.

If Brian had shown just a little bit of respect for his former club then i'm sure most of us on here would be on his bandwagon.
Bazza and Crossy showed us how you're supposed to do it.

Sorry to intrude, but your former player Matty Robbins will play his last ever game of footy for his former club in Ormond against Hampton at Trevor Barker Oval tomorrow. Robbo after coming back from a broken wrist has been in great form and hopefully he will go out with a flag.
:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Crikey swoop, you've plucked a few good ones there mate.

The only one I know of, post doggies, is Harry Skreja. Harry played for Mount Eliza, at one stage, in the 70's.

What an enigma Harry Skreja was! Senior player at 16, finished at 19.
Harry was coach of Yarram when I worked down there in the late 80s. Not sure where he went after that, but I think he still lives down that way.

Rags did play for Yarraville. Went to Sunshine for a few seasons, too. Good player, but an absolute lunatic. I played against him at FDL junior level, was a bloke you didn't want to mess with. I have never, before or since, seen anyone with such a crazed look in his eyes! When he played with the Dogs, even Ted Whitten was wary of him - and that was just at training! Saw him kick a Collingwood player in the 2s one day. Not many Pies boys wanted to have a go at him...

Charlie was the best under age player I ever played with (Dogs u17/u19). Consistently a match winner who copped a hammering every week. Was a very courageous player, but got so badly smashed by Bert Thornley from Carlton that he never recovered, physically or mentally. Many thought he was a squib. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Anyone remember Curly Salmon? Pretty sure he played & coached around Leongatha after he finished at Footscray. Still runs the family farm down there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nu
"Sockeye" was a Leongatha boy, back in the zoning days. Probably a bit stiff at the dogs as at the time we had top ruckmen by the truckload.
Number 18 Big blond fella - remember him well , think he was competing for a spot with Dempsey , Round , Peter Welsh - as mentioned all top players

Nu
Number 18 Big blond fella - remember him well , think he was competing for a spot with Dempsey , Round , Peter Welsh - as mentioned all top players

He was the fans whipping boy for a few years.

Finally came good in about his 8th year, we're looking forward to him cutting it up from now on, and he retires!
Man :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back