Patersons Stadium (Subiaco Oval) - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't you think a stadium needs more than 10m either side of the ground for the stands??

You're an idiot.
The distances included stands.
The distances quoted show the sites are bigger than the current MCG and Subiaco footprints.
If you'd ever been to an Australian Football game you would have realised that.

You're an idiot.
The distances included stands.
The distances quoted show the sites are bigger than the current MCG and Subiaco footprints.
If you'd ever been to an Australian Football game you would have realised that.

Yeah, because I normally am out at the stadium stepping out the distances. :rolleyes:

Actually this is the first time I've reversed the situation.
I'm constantly backing up what I've said so it's about time others did.
I don't see the point in re-inventing the wheel.
The arguments are all there in past pages. Read them.

Here is the plan:
http://www.perthstadium.com.au/the-master-plan

From the stadium website. Show me where any Liberal person has said that is not happening.

Are you now looking forward to the stadium at Burswood?

I'm been looking forward to a stadium being built for a very very long time.
The very earylist projection is 2018 atm.
They haven't even got a design.
We haven't got much of a commitment.

It's a political decision and political decisions mean little but I do hope the stadium goes ahead without delay.
I liked the fact that Burswood did not involve interrupting the football season.
The percerption is we're getting a good stadium(from the specs not any design).
It's quite an expensive option which is strange coming from a Liberal government and we are so flushed with money that we don't have to ask Packer for a contribution but we do from the AFL.
But we don't have the light rail option that would have tied this Sports precinct tourism thing altogether.
That was quite visionary. Was.

So yes, let's proceed post haste. tally ho etc etc.

From the stadium website. Show me where any Liberal person has said that is not happening.

ARe you completely thick or something.
I've mentioned it so many times.
I didn't say the stadium wasn't happenning I said the grand plan wasn't happenning.

I posted a link showing one part of the "grand plan" that wasn't happenning.
Funnily everybody shut up when I posted that link and now you're going back to it.

Do work for bf trying to get the hits up or something?

Obviously you didn't read the posts.

Read the posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ARe you completely thick or something.
I've mentioned it so many times.
I didn't say the stadium wasn't happenning I said the grand plan wasn't happenning.

I posted a link showing one part of the "grand plan" that wasn't happenning.
Funnily everybody shut up when I posted that link and now you're going back to it.

Do work for bf trying to get the hits up or something?

Obviously you didn't read the posts.

Read the posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I posted a link to the master plan. Which is still happening. What isn't happening in that plan that he reneged on throughout the campaign?

Unless I'm missing something, all you've done is post links to articles on the light rail line. None of which mention a reduction in the planned sports precinct.

I posted a link to the master plan. Which is still happening. What isn't happening in that plan that he reneged on throughout the campaign?

Unless I'm missing something, all you've done is post links to articles on the light rail line. None of which mention a reduction in the planned sports precinct.

The "grand plan" exists only in Cos's head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The "grand plan" exists only in Cos's head.

FFS ab trying to re-write history.
The eastern gateway.
Great Eastern highway arriving at Burswood with the Oval and precinct serviced by light rail.
That was the vision at one stage.
To me, I thought that was worth the money and would work.
Since then the light rail has been canned. The precinct plans have slowed. Height limits have been introduced to Burswood. Great Eastern Highway has been upgraded without any railway up the middle that was suggested at some stage but not neccessarily in the original vision.

The idea a stadium used 30, even 50 times each year would drive development is wishful thinking - good fodder for the political types, but with nothing happening over 300 days every year, year in, year out ...

It's hard to think of any one idea that would drive development.
It's a cumilitive effect of having a number of attractions.
Melbourne has a large number of entertainment precincts and a sports precinct.
Perth has an indoor stadium, Northbridge, Kings Park and the river .
A CBD stadium or a stadium at Burswood linked by light rail would be a good addition.

You keep mentioning the number of days a stadium wouldn't be used.
This is the case with most other attractions being W/E orientated.
A stadium could be used once or twice a week delivering 50k people.
Also a stadium can be built to incorporate other facilities - bars , restaurants and offices, increasing it's overall appeal and function.

FFS ab trying to re-write history.
The eastern gateway.
Great Eastern highway arriving at Burswood with the Oval and precinct serviced by light rail.
That was the vision at one stage.
To me, I thought that was worth the money and would work.
Since then the light rail has been canned. The precinct plans have slowed. Height limits have been introduced to Burswood. Great Eastern Highway has been upgraded without any railway up the middle that was suggested at some stage but not neccessarily in the original vision.
I don't think it has ever been the case that all these separate elements have been combined into one universal grand plan anchored around the stadium.

I don't think it has ever been the case that all these separate elements have been combined into one universal grand plan anchored around the stadium.

I would probably agree with you.
But these elements have been linked to the Eastern Gateway at various times.
It's not productive to investigate the exact chronology because we have the current status
and I for one will hope the stadium proceeds expediently.

I attended windy hill & vic park in the past 3 weeks. I would say the stands at those 2 grounds are in better condition than subi. The place is shocking

It makes aami stadium look lke a world class stadium.

I attended windy hill & vic park in the past 3 weeks. I would say the stands at those 2 grounds are in better condition than subi. The place is shocking

The concourse of the Sherrin Stand at Vic Park is easily cleaner and better maintained than Subi.

Neither grounds are comparable with Subi - its 2013, not 1993.

Your'e missing a lot all right.
The light rail was proposed to service Burswood oval and precinct.

No, I don't believe I missed anything at all. I was just confused as to how that was proof of your point. You see, this originally started when you responded to me with the following:

Burswood offers more opportunity to grow and develop an area around it.

Yes, but that part of the grand plan has been delayed indeffinitely hasn't it.
As I said before. I liked the grand plan even though I thought it was expensive.

Now, it took pages and pages for you to come up with what actually was being delayed. When you do, it turns out it was a bit of a disingenuous statement. You are saying the "part of the grand plan [that] has been delayed indefinitely" is a light rail link. So, not the area to grow and develop around the stadium that I was putting forward as being an advantage of the area. Not the bars, restaurants, hotels, shops, walkways, train station development, other sporting facilities, etc that are planned. What you are claiming is dropped is something that wasn't actually ever part of the grand plan of the area and was merely a potential route for the light rail in initial discussions of that as a separate project.

However, everything that has been promised by Barnett as part of this stadium project is still going ahead... Nothing has been "delayed indefinitely".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back