Patersons Stadium (Subiaco Oval) - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you serious

Can you please tell me what tourist attraction Perth has right now ? I cannot think of one .....

The point of this park would be great to teach people ...I would love to learn how to surf
It definitely needs something I just dont know if this is it. They could give it a go I suppose you dont know until you try. With the current developments in the city it may help it survive.

It would do well in my view ...why because the Perth city itself has nothing else

Perth has the potential to be a great city but right now is the most drab city on the planet ...it has zero reasons for anyone to visit.

People visit Perth for one reason......to land then get the hell out of it by going to Margaret river, down south or north to Broome and beyond .....? That's it

I've lived in wa all my life and lived in Perth for about a year about 8 years ago .....and I go back three or four times a year for courses and work things ....and it's go no charisma and no funk to it

It's bland and drab ....sorry it is .....if you're 20 and single sure it's got bars by the beach and so on .....but if you're 35 to 45 with kids it's got nothing

Terrible idea. The last thing Perth needs is another water related event.

People that have no interest in surfing get no use out of this.

Tell me three great things about Perth and why you would visit it?

Agree. I'm all for new and exciting things being built here but I struggle to see that being a viable place to keep running.

Perth has a lot of surfers ...eventually they have kids and want to teach them

Mandurah population is the 2nd fastest population growth behind good coast

Are you serious

Can you please tell me what tourist attraction Perth has right now ? I cannot think of one .....

The point of this park would be great to teach people ...I would love to learn how to surf

Right now Perth is known as a boozy city and ice capital of Australia

Yeah Perth has a lot going for it ...not

best weather in aus
best beaches
swan river
prob the best aus city for recreation and that suits 30+

lots of small bars and interesting places go into the city on a friday night at take a look

just go back to the country and get on your tractor mate cause you got no idea

best weather in aus
best beaches
swan river
prob the best aus city for recreation and that suits 30+

lots of small bars and interesting places go into the city on a friday night at take a look

just go back to the country and get on your tractor mate cause you got no idea

Best beaches my arse ....Albany, Esperance, Broome and Exmouth are far and away better beaches ....climate

Perth in summer ...is stinking hot

Swan river ..brown muck and has lead in it ........

No thanks ...don't drive a tractor by the way .....

Ok I'll give you one tick for bars and bistros but dead set it's the most exspensive city for a drink and bite to eat

12 dollar pints ....far out .steak Sanger.....27.50 .......

Give me Melbourne. Where I can eat for 15 bucks and pint for $7-8 bucks in many places

Tell me three great things about Perth and why you would visit it?

I'm not a tourist? Tourists are not coming to Perth because we are located in the middle of nowhere not because there is nothing to do.

How about you build something of interest for the 1.6million people that live in Perth.

Western Australia has hundreds of kilometres of beaches for people to surf on, why not turn it into a giant Snow Dome/ice rink/ice bar......you know....something that Perth doesn't have.

Or build apartments there.

I'm not a tourist? Tourists are not coming to Perth because we are located in the middle of nowhere not because there is nothing to do.

How about you build something of interest for the 1.6million people that live in Perth.

Western Australia has hundreds of kilometres of beaches for people to surf on, why not turn it into a giant Snow Dome/ice rink/ice bar......you know....something that Perth doesn't have.

Or build apartments there.
Perth actually has over 2 million people in population now!

Best beaches my arse ....Albany, Esperance, Broome and Exmouth are far and away better beaches ....climate

Perth in summer ...is stinking hot

Swan river ..brown muck and has lead in it ........

No thanks ...don't drive a tractor by the way .....

Ok I'll give you one tick for bars and bistros but dead set it's the most exspensive city for a drink and bite to eat

12 dollar pints ....far out .steak Sanger.....27.50 .......

Give me Melbourne. Where I can eat for 15 bucks and pint for $7-8 bucks in many places

you dont get it?

compare perth beaches to sleepy towns

compare perth bars to melbourne

sorry mate you cant have the best of everything but the overall package is an exremely good lifestyle and standard of living for those who are amongst it

Water park with surfing ...great idea

Perth is a very drab and boring city let's be honest ...it needs an attraction or two ..

The Sunday times article if correct is darn great idea

No this is a crass and dull proposal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demolish the grandstands and return Subiaco FC to their rightful home.

12109920_994508067257949_6755698216104524395_o.jpg

Ripped this from SSC. A bolder vision and is a more appropriate form land use for the purpose of cohesive integration into social fabric of Subiaco and retains important historic link to past use. Ultimately whatever happens to Subiaco Oval, the plan should be incorporated into the rest of the north Subiaco planning scheme.

You can build a wave park anywhere (further from the ocean) and do so cheaper. Attaching it to Subiaco oval is a way of extracting public dollars for something that won't get up on it's own steam.

Wow. I thought a wave park was a s**t and bogan enough idea, but building it in Subiaco?! That's like surfing for England!

you dont get it?

compare perth beaches to sleepy towns

compare perth bars to melbourne

sorry mate you cant have the best of everything but the overall package is an exremely good lifestyle and standard of living for those who are amongst it

No Perth is a crap city ...it has zero interest for tourists

Name a tourist attraction

Subi might be suitable for a third WA side if the approach is to carve a niche amongst the Perth majority - the Eagles/Dockers population whose sides would play at the new stadium.

As much as we bag Subi, no doubt there would still be some WAFL traditionalists in the west that will be lamenting the demise of Subi, if that actually happens... I reckon they have yet to come out of the woodwork to protest.

Subi might be suitable for a third WA side if the approach is to carve a niche amongst the Perth majority - the Eagles/Dockers population whose sides would play at the new stadium.

As much as we bag Subi, no doubt there would still be some WAFL traditionalists in the west that will be lamenting the demise of Subi, if that actually happens... I reckon they have yet to come out of the woodwork to protest.

It's not about tradition.

Rottnest Island?:straining:

ITs cheaper to go to Bali than rotto for seven days

Can anyone name something that would make a tourists go wow that's cool .......or I'd pay money to see it

People come to Perth to go to Margaret river or go north not Perth itself

Perth needs a facelift and it needs different attractions and this would be one I'd go that's unique and different

ITs cheaper to go to Bali than rotto for seven days

Can anyone name something that would make a tourists go wow that's cool .......or I'd pay money to see it

People come to Perth to go to Margaret river or go north not Perth itself

Perth needs a facelift and it needs different attractions and this would be one I'd go that's unique and different

A surf park in Subiaco isn't going to solve the issue. Anyone really wanting to fly all the way over for the surfing would end up going down to Margs too.

A surf park in Subiaco isn't going to solve the issue. Anyone really wanting to fly all the way over for the surfing would end up going down to Margs too.

Yes ...they already fly and land and go to margs

My point is Perth needs lots of things not just a surf park .......a surf park is at least something different

Maybe a waterbom park like Bali had would be good .......

12109920_994508067257949_6755698216104524395_o.jpg

Ripped this from SSC. A bolder vision and is a more appropriate form land use for the purpose of cohesive integration into social fabric of Subiaco and retains important historic link to past use. Ultimately whatever happens to Subiaco Oval, the plan should be incorporated into the rest of the north Subiaco planning scheme.

You can build a wave park anywhere (further from the ocean) and do so cheaper. Attaching it to Subiaco oval is a way of extracting public dollars for something that won't get up on it's own steam.

Anyone else get a weird rock climbing wall vibe from this...?

Yes ...they already fly and land and go to margs

My point is Perth needs lots of things not just a surf park .......a surf park is at least something different

Maybe a waterbom park like Bali had would be good .......
You could probably say the same thing for Melbourne. They don't have any major tourist attractions its just a more heavily populated and vibrant city.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back