Patersons Stadium (Subiaco Oval) - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

They're still there, nothing's changed. That's why many people stand at the breaks and immediately after the game, to relieve the numbness in their arses. Then, if you happen to clap, like happened with Mark Harvey recently, it becomes a standing ovation, rather that just clapping whilst standing.

If you're lucky enough to get too many fatties sitting in your row, the space allocated to you via the painted white lines on the backrest shrinks, so just sitting involves more physical contact than a Melbourne player may encounter during a game. Premium Gold is what my seat is classified as, they're obviously taking the piss.

That's really disappointing. So happy the force don't play in that shithole anymore.

Why are they playing the game at Subiaco at all? Surely any Rugby game should be played at nib stadium.

Why are they playing the game at Subiaco at all? Surely any Rugby game should be played at nib stadium.

Towards the bottom of the linked article. NIB only holds about 18,000, they are hoping for ~25,000, therefore they need a bigger stadium.

The Reds only played at the WACA I believe, so this would indeed be the first rugby league match played at Pattersons.

The article states they may get a crowd of about 25K - is that sounding a little too optimistic?

I would have thought so, but there are a lot of Kiwis here. They'd want to spend a bit on marketing and keep ticket prices low.

I for one am looking forward to the return of the Reds though watching either Rugby at Subi or the WACA is a sorry experience.
If NIB Stadium is under development in July it would be cool if they could take the temp stands from there to the WACA an place them on the field to square of a wing while using the Lillee Marsh stand for broadcasting.

Towards the bottom of the linked article. NIB only holds about 18,000, they are hoping for ~25,000, therefore they need a bigger stadium.

nib stadium holds 22,000, but it's getting work done after the super rugby season, which would make it unavailable for the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I for one am looking forward to the return of the Reds though watching either Rugby at Subi or the WACA is a sorry experience.
If NIB Stadium is under development in July it would be cool if they could take the temp stands from there to the WACA an place them on the field to square of a wing while using the Lillee Marsh stand for broadcasting.

too costly, not to mention the WACA probably don't want rugby league trampling all over their pitch

Problem with the WACA has always been that WACA members get priority tickets to any event that happens there. There's 6000+ of them and they all get the best seats.

nib stadium holds 22,000, but it's getting work done after the super rugby season, which would make it unavailable for the game.

Even if it were available at 22,000, it's still a few thousand fewer seats available than the number of fans they expect to turn up.

Relax Luigi, there are a few narrow minded followers of most codes who have little interest in sport.
Went to the Anzac Day game here in Melbourne, the NRL game not the AFL game over the road. Lots of Pies & Bombers fans took both games in.

Bloody big hits, good win for the Storm, lots of Kiwis in the crowd.

Great stadium.

I know its a long way off but has there been any talk about what will happen with Subiaco Oval when the new one comes on line?

I know its a long way off but has there been any talk about what will happen with Subiaco Oval when the new one comes on line?

This topic was covered briefly by 882 this morning. From what was said the three tier stand will be torn down and turned into a grass bank.

In terms of use, Subiaco are moving in, which will clear a move to leederville for the Falcons. The eagles are going to keep using Subi as a training ground, which involves renovation in kitchener park for new facilities, clubroom etc.

Then again it was hackdorn talking...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back