Patrick Dangerfield or Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Martin is also more versatile than what Danger is.

Martin can play inside, outside, can play as a flanker, deep forward, or can play on a half back flank. He is more damaging in front of goals and am of the opinion that if he plays as a permanent forward he can kick 40+ goals a season.

Danger is the better player, but Dusty has more strings to his bow, and it is really up to a needs basis on who each club would prefer.

For instance, Hawthorn's game plan dictates Martin is a better fit for them due to his kicking skills, whereas at Sydney play a more contested gameplan so Danger fits more.

Martin is also more versatile than what Danger is.

Martin can play inside, outside, can play as a flanker, deep forward, or can play on a half back flank. He is more damaging in front of goals and am of the opinion that if he plays as a permanent forward he can kick 40+ goals a season.

Danger is the better player, but Dusty has more strings to his bow, and it is really up to a needs basis on who each club would prefer.

For instance, Hawthorn's game plan dictates Martin is a better fit for them due to his kicking skills, whereas at Sydney play a more contested gameplan so Danger fits more.

Your right, hawthorn is a good fit for him. But not because of his kicking, his efficiency is lower than dangerfields despite less contested ball.

And your blind of you think Dangerfield is just a midfielder. In his time at Adelaide be played of those positions and even 3rd tall in defence.

Your right, hawthorn is a good fit for him. But not because of his kicking, his efficiency is lower than dangerfields despite less contested ball.

And your blind of you think Dangerfield is just a midfielder. In his time at Adelaide be played of those positions and even 3rd tall in defence.

I didn't say that Danger is just a midfielder. I agree Danger is versatile. I just don't believe he is AS versatile as Martin.

Efficiency stats are overrated. Dusty may have a lower efficiency than what Danger does, but can you honestly deny Dusty is a better kick?

I would love the Danger at the Tigers, as he is a contested beast and if I had to choose between them, I'd take Danger, but if it meant losing Dusty (hypotheticall), it is just essentially robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Not really fair on Danger considering he wont get a chance to play a final in that time frame.
He's had ample opportunities already though.
And Dusty will likely be playing for a team with double chance.
No bites today.

I didn't say that Danger is just a midfielder. I agree Danger is versatile. I just don't believe he is AS versatile as Martin.

Efficiency stats are overrated. Dusty may have a lower efficiency than what Danger does, but can you honestly deny Dusty is a better kick?

I would love the Danger at the Tigers, as he is a contested beast and if I had to choose between them, I'd take Danger, but if it meant losing Dusty (hypotheticall), it is just essentially robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Find me one video of Martin giving a lace out pass too a leading forward.

If you do I will find several of Dangerfield. Martin just bombs it forward. After round 9 dangerfields kicking efficiency was almost 80%.

Also how is he the better forward when Patrick has been an AA forward twice and Martin hasn't even been an all Australian?

Find me one video of Martin giving a lace out pass too a leading forward.

If you do I will find several of Dangerfield. Martin just bombs it forward. After round 9 dangerfields kicking efficiency was almost 80%.

Also how is he the better forward when Patrick has been an AA forward twice and Martin hasn't even been an all Australian?
All the highlights I've seen suggest he doesn't need to pass it - he kicks the goals breaking out a centre clearance with regularity.

I would say danger. Although he does seem to have a lot of ineffective kicks out of centre.
But any kicks out of centre is good for the cats considering we suck in that department.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After 131 games (Dangerfield currently 154), not much between them statistically.

Player|K|HB|D|M|HO|T|FF|FA|G|B|Brwnlw|Missed|Wins
\Dangerfield, Patrick|10.9|9.3|20.1|3.4|0.7|3.0|1.4|0.9|1.1|0.8|75|10|67
\Martin, Dustin|14.8|8.6|23.4|3.9|0.1|3.1|0.8|1.2|1.1|0.8|73|4|64
Dangerfield the better ruckman?

Realistically, Danger is a top 5 mid in the AFL, dusty is a top 5 mid at Richmond
Rubbish.
1 Brownlow vote between them this year, and who had the dominant year?
Huge upside for Dusty.

Martin spends more time forward and still only kicks the same number of goals danger does.

Those saying martin is a better forward seem to have missed the games danger has played as a forward - usually when half fit too.

MArtin might be a better outside player. but only as Danger is always at the bottom of the pack. I cant even count the number of times danger has tried to carry our whole team over the line

Rubbish.
1 Brownlow vote between them this year, and who had the dominant year?
Huge upside for Dusty.

Please, if we are going to judge by awards rather than our eyes what about MVP voting where Danger was 3rd and big dusty didn't crack the top ten? Clear gulf in class.

why is this even a thread?

can we have one for goldstein vs ivan maric too?
Spot on, danger another level above. Already a 3 time all Australian and comparing him to a very, very good player but not in the same class. As someone said before danger is in the top 5 mids in the comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back