Opinion Patrick Karnezis - the forgotten forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Just because he kicks bags of goals in the vfl doesn't mean he will in the AFL very different level and the delivery to him is probably better in our VFL side then it would be in the AFL side :confused:

Just because he kicks bags of goals in the vfl doesn't mean he will in the AFL very different level and the delivery to him is probably better in our VFL side then it would be in the AFL side :confused:

Well we won’t know unless we try. Kennedy came in very well after 2 Dominate performance in the VFL and came in to the AFL Side very well.

We don’t have lot of other choices for Goal Kicking Forwards and Karnezsis is the Best Option at the Moment to go along with Cloke up forwards and who could Possibly take some Pressure of Cloke

Kennedy is all the prof I need.
What's the word on Martin he deserves a call up hope his injury is minor.

The problem with Karnezis is that if he is asked to come in and play the second forward/White role/whatever you want to call it he will get absolutely monstered. I am as big a fan of this bloke as they come but he will get killed playing second string to Cloke. He needs to play third string at best. I think playing third tall or a Goldsack-esque fourth forward or even on the wing I think he will excel, with time.

That being said, if Elliott is still out, might be time to bring White back in to play the ruck/forward role and Karnezis to play Elliott's marking forward role.

The problem with Karnezis is that if he is asked to come in and play the second forward/White role/whatever you want to call it he will get absolutely monstered. I am as big a fan of this bloke as they come but he will get killed playing second string to Cloke. He needs to play third string at best. I think playing third tall or a Goldsack-esque fourth forward or even on the wing I think he will excel, with time.

That being said, if Elliott is still out, might be time to bring White back in to play the ruck/forward role and Karnezis to play Elliott's marking forward role.
He wouldn't play a tall role if our midfielders are dumb and kick high balls on his head. Hopefully knows how to lead and the mids can hit him up. Maybe play like John Anthony. Been a while since we've had that.

He wouldn't play a tall role if our midfielders are dumb and kick high balls on his head. Hopefully knows how to lead and the mids can hit him up. Maybe play like John Anthony. Been a while since we've had that.
stop please stop, your killing me with laughter. Mids can hit him up. That's got to be the funniest punch line ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we won’t know unless we try. Kennedy came in very well after 2 Dominate performance in the VFL and came in to the AFL Side very well.

We don’t have lot of other choices for Goal Kicking Forwards and Karnezsis is the Best Option at the Moment to go along with Cloke up forwards and who could Possibly take some Pressure of Cloke

I agree needs a run to try, don't think he will take much pressure off Cloke at all. Haven't played a game together and will not get respect from opposition defence as has only played 21 games and is still raw could work in his favour tho.

I agree needs a run to try, don't think he will take much pressure off Cloke at all. Haven't played a game together and will not get respect from opposition defence as has only played 21 games and is still raw could work in his favour tho.

Well if they don’t respect Karnezis then he could kick a Bag

Bring in Martin. We know he is match fit and we know he is in form
IN FORM? HUH? He is out for 2-3 weeks with a calf injury, what form is that?

Karnezis is in contention, unfortunately it seems Martin has missed his selection window.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back