Opinion Patrick Karnezis - the forgotten forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to be a fair bit of pre-jacking over someone who has not played a single game for us, including VFL and preseason :D
I'd like to see a few games in the VFL before making any calls on senior action. Potential is there, but let's see how we go developing him and putting it altogether.

So you prefer to post-jack? :D

Season is underway, he's had virtually no pre-season is coming back from OP, no match conditioning, I don't think it will be that easy for him. Would love him to prove me wrong

PK will kick (at least) 10 on saturday, it will be raining goals down at Vic Park. He is going to channel the ghosts of Collingwood past.

What are the chances of him gettin' a start this weekend?
He is playing in the VFL this week, but will probably need at least 2 runs before getting into senior contention.

Just good to see him finally get out on the field though in a Pies jumper.

He is playing in the VFL this week, but will probably need at least 2 runs before getting into senior contention.

Just good to see him finally get out on the field though in a Pies jumper.

Yep, Be Great to see his Debut in the Black and White

Im expecting atleast 5 weeks in the reserves before he comes into senior consideration. Did he even have a preseason, i dont think he did from my knowledge.
Hopefully he debuts for us around round 10-12.

Im expecting atleast 5 weeks in the reserves before he comes into senior consideration. Did he even have a preseason, i dont think he did from my knowledge.

I think he had a little bit at the start

He'll likely need that just to regain match conditioning, let alone something that resembles form worthy of consideration for the senior side.

To be honest, we should really just consider this a development year for Karnezis. Anything he shows by way of putting his hand up for selection is a bonus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patty is not best 22, and will be depth this season.

I could see Karnezis fitting into someone like Goldsack's position when playing forward. But that may be a redundant argument when we have Reid back and are playing three talls. What I do like is the frequency Karnezis hits the scoreboard as a forward at AFL level. I think you are right to say he is depth, but the kind of depth fringe 22 player that isn't without hope of cementing a place in the 22. If he can get fit.

Can see him taking Goldsack's spot in 2-3 weeks.

I don't think they are competing for the same spot.

Karnezis is more the elliot 3rd marking type, with White and Cloke the two talls and Goldsack providing pressure then a midfielder rotating through the other forward pocket spot

PK will kick (at least) 10 on saturday, it will be raining goals down at Vic Park. He is going to channel the ghosts of Collingwood past.
I was close.

Can u play Cloke, White, Reid and Karnezis in the same fwd line (White being 2nd ruck)??
Good question, I think in this case Goldsack goes out. They are roughly the same height, though Goldy might have a couple of cms on him. I haven't seen enough of PK to tell the difference in mobility. Goldsack is more versatile but lacks the ability to impact the scoreboard sometimes. Perhaps this is why Bucks floated the idea of letting PK run up into the midfield or up onto the wing for a bit, because it seems that at the moment every Collingwood player is desperately trying to "add another string to their bow"...

Good question, I think in this case Goldsack goes out. They are roughly the same height, though Goldy might have a couple of cms on him. I haven't seen enough of PK to tell the difference in mobility. Goldsack is more versatile but lacks the ability to impact the scoreboard sometimes. Perhaps this is why Bucks floated the idea of letting PK run up into the midfield or up onto the wing for a bit, because it seems that at the moment every Collingwood player is desperately trying to "add another string to their bow"...

If you haven't seek PK play much then how can you say he should replace Goldsack?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back