Traded Patrick Ryder traded to Port for picks 17 and 37

Remove this Banner Ad

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
With rumours Ryder wants out at essendon and join Brisbane a couple of question come to mind.

1) How long is his contract?
2) What is his worth?

Pick 4 looks overs so would essendon need another player to sweetener the deal? Good time for Ryder as he is having his best year after years of inconsistent football. If he has only 1 more year he might be better off waiting for FA next year.

I'm not sure what the Lions are thinking here.

They have Leunberger and Martin who are both more than capable. They could also take Wright in the draft and play him as a ruckman. He runs something like a 15 beep test so midfield running capacity.

I just can't see how Paddy fits into their rebuild plans. They'd be better off going after Tom Nicholls if they want a hard running ruckman.

Can't see a spot for him in our ruck division. So if we are entertaining it than it may be at the cost of Luey on the list or one of close and freemans spot on the field.

Can't see a spot for him in our ruck division. So if we are entertaining it than it may be at the cost of Luey on the list or one of close and freemans spot on the field.

He is a good forward and has destoryed Cloke when he played CHB. You would not be chasing him as a ruck.

He is a good forward and has destoryed Cloke when he played CHB. You would not be chasing him as a ruck.
Yeah that's why I added the close or freeman bit. I haven't seen a lot of Patrick Ryder to have am opinion though

So a trade it is. Maybe Dempsey and Ryder for 4?
More like Ryder for 4 straight swap. He's contracted, best 22 and a top 3 ruck in the comp this year, let alone how capable he is forward and back. Once Goodes retires he'd be arguably the most versatile player in the AFL

I'm not sure about this as it just seems to have come right out of left field. Dempsey though, well, most Bomber fans could understand what with his ties to QLD. Again I think this is just odd all up and am struggling to believe it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More like Ryder for 4 straight swap. He's contracted, best 22 and a top 3 ruck in the comp this year, let alone how capable he is forward and back. Once Goodes retires he'd be arguably the most versatile player in the AFL

It's funny - Goldy is the same age and clearly out performed him to date yet Essendon supporters can value him at a pick 15-25 range yet 4 is Ryder's value.

Why would he go to Brisbane when they have Leuey and Martin as the potential best ruck combo in the business next year?

Come from left field this and from the very little info i have read it seems Ryder is driving the swap. Lions have only said we would look at if he was interested. If the Ryder rumour has any relevance it surely must have something to do with a partner wanting to live in Brisbane. Why would he choose the Lions other than the need to be in Brisbane.

And Essendon fans please don't say we will have Rockliff in return as you know thats not going to happen. If anything the Bombers would want a draft pick to get into the draft early seeing as they don't enter till after first round. Still i find it hard to believe the rumour but i guess where there is smoke...

Come from left field this and from the very little info i have read it seems Ryder is driving the swap. Lions have only said we would look at if he was interested. If the Ryder rumour has any relevance it surely must have something to do with a partner wanting to live in Brisbane. Why would he choose the Lions other than the need to be in Brisbane.

And Essendon fans please don't say we will have Rockliff in return as you know thats not going to happen. If anything the Bombers would want a draft pick to get into the draft early seeing as they don't enter till after first round. Still i find it hard to believe the rumour but i guess where there is smoke...

Would you hand over 4 for him?

It's funny - Goldy is the same age and clearly out performed him to date yet Essendon supporters can value him at a pick 15-25 range yet 4 is Ryder's value.
Goldstein is worth a top 5 pick as well. It's the same argument as before, other people's opinion has nothing to do with mine.

It makes very little sense for the Lions to be trading in Ryder. I don't think I'd like the Lions to be trading pick 4 for Ryder either. Seems overs considering we have Leuey, Martin and West as rucks.

It makes very little sense for the Lions to be trading in Ryder. I don't think I'd like the Lions to be trading pick 4 for Ryder either. Seems overs considering we have Leuey, Martin and West as rucks.

Again - he can play at CHF - which is a huge hole in your list with Brown retiring.

Certainly isn't worth pick 4 so there would be some other players/picks in the deal. Can see them wanting him as a pure forward and backing up in the ruck when needed. Luey and Martin have been very injury prone over the years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back