Traded Patrick Ryder traded to Port for picks 17 and 37

Remove this Banner Ad

If he decides to activate the get out clause there will be nothing essendon can do. Reasonable people would realise this but there is no logic at essendon so they will fight and get nothing.

If they do use logic they might get a late first round or early second round pick and nothing more. This is the price they have to pay for there ped program.

Agree - he is number 1 - but these are his opponents for the title. Good title.

This argument is crazy. All this proves is he has fairly unique attributes. That fact that others in that position are rubbish only highlights his value.

Agree - he is number 1 - but these are his opponents for the title. Good title.

Which is exactly my argument of why he is valued so highly. He brings a fairly unique set of skills that sets him apart from his peers. No one can match what he can do. If someone else is better in the ruck, they can't match his output forward and vice versa.

Which is exactly my argument of why he is valued so highly. He brings a fairly unique set of skills that sets him apart from his peers. No one can match what he can do. If someone else is better in the ruck, they can't match his output forward and vice versa.
For all that you would think he would be a top 10 or even 20 player in the league.

I was excited to watch him live in a final and left very underwhelmed.

Under normal circumstances Ryder would be the number 1 established player looking for a change at year end at you would probably pay overs for him. But with the ASADA penalty looming any club with half a brain couldnt pay anywhere near what he is truly worth with 90% of clubs shutting the door immediately even at a steal. The issue with Essendon players at the moment makes them unable to be traded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is ridiculous, Ryder without taking ASADA into account wouldn't even net 50% of Jon Patton's value
There are some people on the Essendon board who think he's worth Shiel/Treloar/Greene AND P3. They're not exactly reasonable.

You give us a top 5 - 10 player from your team for a top 5 ruck/fwd in the comp. Seems fair to me

Ryder is contracted! (lets start with that and not even worry about using this 'clause' just yet. Clutching at straws if you think it will get him a free pass through)
giphy.gif

If it is simply a straight player pick swap then Ryder will go for a second round pick maybe Port's if he ends up getting there.

If it is simply a straight player pick swap then Ryder will go for a second round pick maybe Port's if he ends up getting there.
LOL,, and you're really an Essendon poster...not hard to spot an alias troll..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back