VFL Paul Hudson - Sandringham senior coach 2015/2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to Huddo, his VFL breakdowns of the Saints players have been great reading this season.

Peta Searle and Lindsay Gilbee will continue to assist at Sandy, and Simon McPhee will become the full-time Academy chief.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-10-22/hudson-appointed-sandringham-coach
St Kilda development coach Paul Hudson has been appointed the senior coach of the Saints’ VFL affiliate Sandringham for the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

Hudson will combine his role as Zebras coach with his duties at St Kilda, taking over from Simon McPhee who will transfer to the stand alone role as Saints Player Academy Manager.

Loved to have seen Aussie Jones in a role?

And McCartney
Yeah, I was thinking about Aussie for the role. He had an amazing track record since entering coaching, until the whole Gold fiasco - although it's hard to know how much that had to do with him, and how much it had to do with Bendigo just being messed up to begin with.

Yeah, I was thinking about Aussie for the role. He had an amazing track record since entering coaching, until the whole Gold fiasco - although it's hard to know how much that had to do with him, and how much it had to do with Bendigo just being messed up to begin with.
Sorry im a bit naive Pers.
But i only really knew of Aussie at Bendigo. Who else was he coaching before that mate.

McPhee was always meant to be shifting role this year. Guess the stand-alone plan getting pushed back means it is not quite as first planned but things had to progress in the meantime. Reckon this will be a 1yr deal but it'll get extended into the following season before the split finally happens.

Pretty sure that Aussie is taking a year off from top level stuff and doing a bit a country level footy with friends near narre warren. Maybe in 2016
potenially setting himself up to coach the standalone saints vfl team

Aussie coached Gippsland Power before DC after he coached Narre to 3 flags.

Bendigo were a development league team, playing seniors..... He did a great job there

Aussie coached Gippsland Power before DC after he coached Narre to 3 flags.

Bendigo were a development league team, playing seniors..... He did a great job there
Do you think he could coach the zebs or our standalone? I love the idea of it, but I am nervous.

I think that it's highly likely the Saints standalone will be coached by the development team; so, if they're still around, it would likely be McPhee and Hudson. A large part of what they do is the development of the bottom half of the list, and a large part of that is the work with the reserves side whatever form that takes.

Sandy will be the ones who need a new coach in a couple years. Would think that a good current AFL asst coach looking to boost their CV would be most likely.
But I wonder what the odds are on Peta?...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jimmy Munro has left Zebs and signed with Casey :(

Does this have to do with us in the next x amount of years going standalone or just $

Nah nothing to do with the club or anything. Justin Plapp is Casey's new coach and he had a lot to do with Jimmy getting into footy, gave him a chance when no one else would. He is also training at Melbourne in leadup to drafts.

Nah nothing to do with the club or anything. Justin Plapp is Casey's new coach and he had a lot to do with Jimmy getting into footy, gave him a chance when no one else would. He is also training at Melbourne in leadup to drafts.
Good luck to Jimmy.

Loved his endeavour, didn't love his temper so much.

I reckon his skills are a little below AFL standard, but could definitely make something of himself, and the Dees could do with the steel...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back