Paul Roos and Melbourne 2016 - what is a pass mark?

Remove this Banner Ad

This is Roos' 3rd year as coach for Melbourne. So far the record is:

2014: 4 wins and 18 losses
2015: 7 wins and 15 losses
2016: ?

So for the Demons to consider the Roos appointment to be a success, what should his 3rd year at the club yield? Finals? 10 wins? What sort of season would see Roos' job in trouble?

10 wins 12 losses would seem to indicate yet another improvement relative to other teams around their ladder position so a pass mark given Essendon is pretty much out of it would be at least 9 wins and a percentage around 85-90.

A very good year would be 11 wins or above (thereby in the bracket of teams actually vying for the lower positions in the 8) with a percentage above 100.

Honestly. 10 wins depending on injuries.
Their list is building but I don't see where they would get 10 wins from this year.
I reckon somewhere between 7-9 wins, with a percentage around 90% to reflect less beltings, would be a pass mark.

Anything less than 10 wins is a major Roos failure. He is being paid big money and the team has spent so many high picks on players and brought in so many players from other teams, they must perform.
Major rebuild failure, if the dogs make finals while the Dees are still stuck closer to the bottom than the top.

Their list is building but I don't see where they would get 10 wins from this year.
I reckon somewhere between 7-9 wins, with a percentage around 90% to reflect less beltings, would be a pass mark.

I suggest you look a bit closer.

The Dees list has some serious talent coming through.

Not too difficult to see 10 wins (or more) in 2016.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maximum one ten goal thrashing suffered. W-L record doesnt matter. Sign of consistent competitiveness is always THE indicator of the corner turned from cellar-dweller to playoff contender.
I honestly think you are the smartest robot on this site

98% of what you post is spot on

So for the Demons to consider the Roos appointment to be a success, what should his 3rd year at the club yield? Finals? 10 wins? What sort of season would see Roos' job in trouble?

Finals or bust

Finish above Essendon and they are golden

Roos is handing over to Goodwin as senior coach at the end of the year.

I am not sure who did the draw but a problem for Melbourne is they do not play Carlton or Essendon twice.

They play

GWS
Fremantle
Bulldogs
Saints
Collingwood

twice and that is not necessarily super easy. Fremantle won't be easy other than the Saints everyone else on that list is in contention for the top 8.

Guessing you're talking about last year's draft because we've copped: Haw, Port, Coll, St.K & GC twice in 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back