News Pav Steps Down From Captaincy

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds resonable with all his other commitments beside playing. But still will feel very strange not having him as captain. Someone like him just has to be captain until the end of his playing times in some way...

I'm surprised they went with the Indigenous story as the headline for today's fan email. I thought Pav stepping down would have been the leading story for sure, even if it is a day old.

Based on what? His career best season in 2015?
Yah, I will select fyfe because he did not play much in second half 2015, so far is hard for a player to peak 2 year in a role maybe mundy prove me wrong.

I've always liked the idea of a transition year, it takes some of the pressure off Pav if he needs extra rest or management during the season and it's fair enough that at this stage he does have extra responsibilities off the footy field. Pavlich is going to be a leader out there whether he's carrying the captaincy or a tupperware container of sliced oranges and I'm also looking forward to seeing how Mundy handles being captain.

I'm guessing Pavlich is going to enjoy handballing a chunk of his media responsibilities if nothing else.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back