Prediction Pedo >>>>> Spudosaurus in the Number 6 Jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Pedo to good, just clunks them.

He was good last year and last year he really turned his footy around from his former spud self, but i reckon he has built on it and is even better this year

We've all known Dawes' limitations as a footballer when we acquired him (or should have). Poor overhead mark and not a particularly penetrating kick (though usually accurate) - I can't really be disappointed with him because he came to us at our lowest ebb, when we simply needed another target to compete and take some heat of then Mitch Clark's shoulders - for a while he provided that (a contest) and occasionally performed above expectation. However, I do believe his time as an AFL player is limited - I'm not sure if there's any upside.

Pedersen on the other hand has been a rare surprise packet i.e. a rival teams discard that has actually paid dividends for us (along with Daniel Cross) and is showing incremental signs of improvement. In contrast to Dawes, he is a very good contested mark - and can also play as a utility.

We've all known Dawes' limitations as a footballer when we acquired him (or should have). Poor overhead mark and not a particularly penetrating kick (though usually accurate) - I can't really be disappointed with him because he came to us at our lowest ebb, when we simply needed another target to compete and take some heat of then Mitch Clark's shoulders - for a while he provided that (a contest) and occasionally performed above expectation. However, I do believe his time as an AFL player is limited - I'm not sure if there's any upside.

Pedersen on the other hand has been a rare surprise packet i.e. a rival teams discard that has actually paid dividends for us (along with Daniel Cross) and is showing incremental signs of improvement. In contrast to Dawes, he is a very good contested mark - and can also play as a utility.
If anything it is irony for Neeld. Went and got Dawes to play as a stay at home forward whilst recruited Pedo who played like a spud under him in defence but turns out to be better than Dawes as a forward

Last edited:
He's a great mark and kick. Rucks admirably. Can swing forward of back. Should be first selected every week. Staggered he wasn't playing from round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

50th game for Pedo.
Long may he fly under the radar!

Praised be Gysberts it's the best thing that runt did for the club.

Long may he fly under the radar!

Praised be Gysberts it's the best thing that runt did for the club.
North supporters thinking they would make a footballer out of him because their club was seemingly better at development was nice for a laugh too.

North supporters thinking they would make a footballer out of him because their club was seemingly better at development was nice for a laugh too.
Exactly like Blease at Geelong. Or Cheney at Hawthorn, Petterd at Richmond. The list goes on. I think it had more to do with us recruiting the wrong types ie receivers in a poor club, than our development coaches.

With respect to Petterd he is a much better footballer than Blease/Gysberts.

Petterd played some ripping games in 2010 , shoulder injuries crueled him
I won't say a bad word about him because he was set to be a bloody good player but injuries ruined him
That and being moved into the midfield .. He kicks like Cameron Bruce ( too much air $

Petterd played some ripping games in 2010 , shoulder injuries crueled him
I won't say a bad word about him because he was set to be a bloody good player but injuries ruined him
That and being moved into the midfield .. He kicks like Cameron Bruce ( too much air $

His s**t kicking didn't help.

Pedo is a better option that Dawes however he struggles to play consistently well.

It does highlight though that we need another tall forward to assist Hogan. Hopefully Frost will be the man but we need another one in the next draft.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back