Entertainment & Music Pedophilia in Songs

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The other day I came up with dozens of examples of overt pedophilia in popular music. New songs but many classics too.

Just now off the top of my head are a couple of examples....

-- Hey little girl is your daddy home, did he go and leave you all alone, uh huh, ive got a bad desire, ooh ooh ooh im on fire.

-- Always get it up for the touch of the younger kind, my my my woah, m-m-m-my sharona.

The specific reference to "little girls" in so many songs is literal. And the sexual intent towards them blatant.

I dont ever see any backlash towards musicians, great musicians, for the content of such songs. Why is that?

-- Hey little girl is your daddy home, did he go and leave you all alone, uh huh, ive got a bad desire, ooh ooh ooh im on fire.
Springsteen disputes this interpretation of his song but even if you read it as being about pedophilia, it's not really written from the perspective of "i'd like to bang this 12yo" its written from the perspective of the victim. Cracking song though, one of my favourites.

Well when a rockstar sings about high school aged girls, one always assumes he sings it as a high school aged boy. That's how storytelling works.
High school boys dont refer to them as little girls, grown men do. Plus the latent older man experience coming across the lyrics, let alone things like gettting into their cars, etc, that reveal an older age

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While this isn't the light hearted pub conversation GD usually is...

Pretty hard to look into "baby" though I'm sure Freud did and there's plenty of weird reasons why it's so popular. And I certainly don't think pop music is naturally pedophilic, or has a widespread issue with it, or that it's worth having anything under the title "pedophilia in popular music..." But you're absolutely kidding yourself if you think none of it is referencing pedophilia/is written by pedos.

You don't have to look very far to see how prevalent it is in society, and how often it's committed by people in power. And how often there are widespread cover ups, groups, circles, whatever.

How are people denying this existing? Especially since the Rolf Harris case is so big. Listen to some of those lyrics and try and put it away as accidental or not there.

Michael Jackson. He's another big one.

R Kelly... married and impregnated Aliyah when she was like 14 or 15. Pissed on a bunch of underage girls. Other cases that have come forward and dozens of others that never will.

I don't know why you'd make a thread about this though. Pretty depressing and not very fun. But of course this s**t is rife in pop music.

You're hearing what you want to hear.
More like, you don't hear what you don't want to hear.

I seen you in the front row moving with the beat
It killed me when i saw the wet patch on your seat, (it wasnt from coca cola)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back