Analysis Peel Thunder 2015 (TV schedule in OP)

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Seven are very protective over their nightly news dominance. They know they can only wheel Rick and old Susanna out for so long.

Personally though I don't see many people changing their preferred nightly news just because they see a logo on a footy jumper on TV. Seven being corporate dickwits IMO and actually bringing negativity to their brand that if they'd said nothing, no one would've cared less about.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Seven are very protective over their nightly news dominance. They know they can only wheel Rick and old Susanna out for so long.

Personally though I don't see many people changing their preferred nightly news just because they see a logo on a footy jumper on TV. Seven being corporate dickwits IMO and actually bringing negativity to their brand that if they'd said nothing, no one would've cared less about.
its true but it isn't the point. They have exclusive rights. nine are protective of their grip on cricket as well. no-one is saying anything about that.

they were warned by the wafl that 7 was getting the rights and that it would cause problems.
There is a legal argument to be had about whether the club should lose the sponsorship money because the league wants to sell its broadcast rights.

Has the WAFL offered to compensate the club for it?

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
There is a legal argument to be had about whether the club should lose the sponsorship money because the league wants to sell its broadcast rights.

Has the WAFL offered to compensate the club for it?
the whole wafl competition was benefited by getting the competition televised because the abc didn't want to do it any more. channel 9 had the chance to take the rights but didn't win the bid. So the wishes of one club is irrelevant. channel 7 and channel 9 are petty competitors but that is the commercial reality. Channel 9 would not give channel 7 an inch either.

the whole wafl competition was benefited by getting the competition televised because the abc didn't want to do it any more. channel 9 had the chance to take the rights but didn't win the bid. So the wishes of one club is irrelevant. channel 7 and channel 9 are petty competitors but that is the commercial reality. Channel 9 would not give channel 7 an inch either.
I was under the impression that the nine sponsorship was already on paper, and signed off on by the WAFL, prior to the seven deal being signed by the WAFL.

West Perth shouldn't be disadvantaged for acting in good faith.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
I was under the impression that the nine sponsorship was already on paper, and signed off on by the WAFL, prior to the seven deal being signed by the WAFL.

West Perth shouldn't be disadvantaged for acting in good faith.
but were told that they would not be televised. They said that was fine, and they would sign with nine anyway. now they are in the finals and the rest of us can't watch peel.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Next Round - Elimination & Qualifying Finals
WestPerth-30px.gif
vs
PeelThunder-30px.gif

Sunday 6th September - 2:10pm
at HBF Arena
SportFM (91.3FM) - KIX Digital
EastPerth-30px.gif
vs
Claremont-30px.gif

Sunday 6th September - 2:10pm
at Medibank Stadium
ABC Radio (720AM) - 7 Mate

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
I have made the effort, but thanks. But as i'm not interested in travelling 100km to watch a wafl match, it would be nice to have it on tv.

There's barely going to be a Freo player running out there for Peel anyway.

DudleyDocker

Cancelled
Oct 3, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NE Patriots
I have made the effort, but thanks. But as i'm not interested in travelling 100km to watch a wafl match, it would be nice to have it on tv.
Soft apuchar! I used to drive 400 km each way from Marvel Loch every weekend to watch the mighty Swans back in the day.

That quick trip to Mandurah is a breeze ;)

Back