Analysis Peel Thunder 2015 (TV schedule in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel for Alex. Just doesn't get a good run at it. :(
Selection this week will again be interesting with Croz and Sherro pushing up and Ballaz available.
Just great to see Peel doing so well and while we're a little light on for backup down back given the absence of Dawson and Silvagni, there is depth everywhere else it seems with plenty of the boys in good form.
The present and the future looks bright for the moment people.

image.jpg

Thanks for the reports everyone - life keeps interfering in my ability to attend games, so your reports are much appreciated.

Very glad to hear Brady and Ballard did well. Ballard has always looked a likely sort to me, and IIRC Brady was drafted by Freo after only a tiny handful of senior games - they must have seen something very special in Brady so it's pleasing to hear that faith was well-placed.

I've never seen Grey play. Sounds like an animal. I know he sounds destined to take Spurr's spot but does anyone think he could play inside mid one day?
Perhaps more realistically a Duff replacement than a Spurr replacement- Duff is about 31yo (or something). What's his disposal like?

Perhaps more realistically a Duff replacement than a Spurr replacement- Duff is about 31yo (or something). What's his disposal like?
His disposal is generally good. Absolutely destroys the ball in pack situations. His attack on the ball is first class, and he will be a very handy player.

Get Duffy in already. I don't care who for, he's good enough for the grade and should be playing 1's.

Get Duffy in already. I don't care who for, he's good enough for the grade and should be playing 1's.

Who do you drop? You either play him ahead of Ballas coming back, or drop DeBoer, who doesn't deserve to be dropped. Unless its wet, and you replace Tabs with him, but to limit your tall options is also an issue. It's a tricky call..

I could be completely wrong but Grey seems like he'd be the perfect player to play the role De Boer is in the Senior squad for.

Tough in and under depth mid playing a forward or defensive shut down role.

Who do you drop? You either play him ahead of Ballas coming back, or drop DeBoer, who doesn't deserve to be dropped. Unless its wet, and you replace Tabs with him, but to limit your tall options is also an issue. It's a tricky call..
Walters into Subes role and Duff fwd?

More stints in the midfield is limiting Walters output in the forward line. He is such a great asset up forward it seems crazy. Would rather have him firing up forward than doing an average job in the midfield and average job in the forward line.

Just my opinion only obviously.

Keen to see how Grey goes in the Freo side. Think once he gets his opportunity only injury or suspension will see him leaving the side.

I could be completely wrong but Grey seems like he'd be the perfect player to play the role De Boer is in the Senior squad for.

Tough in and under depth mid playing a forward or defensive shut down role.
Doesn't have the endurance that is offered to us by de Boer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know what's going down with Apeness and Tanner Smith? Missed 2 games now so will be 3 weeks since their concussion this week as I make it out....

Anyone know what's going down with Apeness and Tanner Smith? Missed 2 games now so will be 3 weeks since their concussion this week as I make it out....

Probably just being extra careful. 2 weeks for concussion is certainly not unheard of, especially when they are only playing in the magoos there's no need to rush them back.

I would prefer to only upgrade rookies if they are in serious contention for a best 22 gig. Otherwise it limits your options further down the track; that is, if you upgrade Smith but don't use him, then you cannot upgrade Ballard later if you need him.

Freo are very light on for key defender depth.

McPharlin - playing
Dawson - out 2 weeks
Johnson - playing
Silvagni - out ? weeks
Pearce - unproven
Smith - unproven

The above forces Ibbo to play tall and still have Mayne available as a swing man option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back