Analysis Peel Thunder 2015 (TV schedule in OP)

PurpleReign

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
The Peel team sheet it out, and the big news for us is that Zac Dawson wasn't named, and it appears that Josh Deluca is injured (or is he back in the ressies?)
spacer.gif
On paper there's a bit of structure to that forward line. I doubt they'll line up like that though. I'd be interested to see how Langdon goes as a forward pocket/high HF. Last year Peel were too tall in the forward half, for this game it looks like we could be bordering on being too tall in the back half, although Boots is quite versatile. Does Griff's return relegate Moller to the reserves?

PurpleReign You see more of Peel than most on here mate, honest thoughts on Moller? Just did a bit of a brush up on him, Didn't realise he is only 20 still, on his last year on the rookie list as I understand it, do you see us continuing with him?

PurpleReign

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
PurpleReign You see more of Peel than most on here mate, honest thoughts on Moller? Just did a bit of a brush up on him, Didn't realise he is only 20 still, on his last year on the rookie list as I understand it, do you see us continuing with him?
In all honesty I have no idea. What I do know is that his family moved over here with him so there's probably not a "go home" factor in the equation. It probably also means there's a fair amount of "buy in" by all concerned. I also know that last year he was pretty awful, he played just about every game in the reserves and, in my opinion, looked totally disinterested. However, this year he has certainly taken a step forward, he looks more engaged and has managed to clunk some strong contested marks 2 or 3 times a game. He's still not great but he is getting better.
He's getting played in the forward line when Hannath and griff are available which is difficult for someone who's not a natural in that position. He's actually pretty good in all the basic skills, he's better below his knees than Tabs and better above his shoulders than Apeness, but all 3 are improving all the time. Tomorrow might be an indicator of his standing at the club, if he gets dropped to the ressies then it might suggest his future is not bright at Freo. If they persist with playing him out of position in the firsts then it would suggest the club are committed to giving him a decent run at it in his last year as a rookie. I have a feeling his future may depend on the availability of promising talls in this year's drafts, but if he does get upgraded then I think the club are in for the long haul with him.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Deluca is the one with the god awful kicking action yes? He's the only one from our recent draft class I don't really see AFL potential in.

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
Deluca was a legitimately good WAFL player last year and instrumental in Subi's flag, no idea why or how he's regressed so badly this year.
Maybe messing with his action to improve it may have regressed him a bit

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Deluca looks like he has played midfield for Peel reserves (he is a midfielder, not a forward as we have been playing him in the league side).

He has had 26 possies, 12 k 14 hb 3 m 2 t 4 i50
Would be curious to see if any of our wafl posters saw his game.

PurpleReign

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
Deluca looks like he has played midfield for Peel reserves (he is a midfielder, not a forward as we have been playing him in the league side).

He has had 26 possies, 12 k 14 hb 3 m 2 t 4 i50
Would be curious to see if any of our wafl posters saw his game.
Only saw his last qtr but I didn't notice him do much. He must have done all his best work in the first 3 qtrs.

PurpleReign

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
Good even contribution by everyone so far. Ballard blakely Weller and Langdon all looking good. Peel dominated for long periods but failed to capitalize on a 3 goal breeze. Moller is playing well at FF and Hurley has done some nice things. Chalky took a great mark on the wing in front of me, that boy has got a leap on him. Hughes is starting from a wing.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Good even contribution by everyone so far. Ballard blakely Weller and Langdon all looking good. Peel dominated for long periods but failed to capitalize on a 3 goal breeze. Moller is playing well at FF and Hurley has done some nice things. Chalky took a great mark on the wing in front of me, that boy has got a leap on him. Hughes is starting from a wing.
Chalky?

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Any thoughts on Tanner and Hughes especially their kicking

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
:eek:

In all honesty I have no idea. What I do know is that his family moved over here with him so there's probably not a "go home" factor in the equation. It probably also means there's a fair amount of "buy in" by all concerned. I also know that last year he was pretty awful, he played just about every game in the reserves and, in my opinion, looked totally disinterested. However, this year he has certainly taken a step forward, he looks more engaged and has managed to clunk some strong contested marks 2 or 3 times a game. He's still not great but he is getting better.
He's getting played in the forward line when Hannath and griff are available which is difficult for someone who's not a natural in that position. He's actually pretty good in all the basic skills, he's better below his knees than Tabs and better above his shoulders than Apeness, but all 3 are improving all the time. Tomorrow might be an indicator of his standing at the club, if he gets dropped to the ressies then it might suggest his future is not bright at Freo. If they persist with playing him out of position in the firsts then it would suggest the club are committed to giving him a decent run at it in his last year as a rookie. I have a feeling his future may depend on the availability of promising talls in this year's drafts, but if he does get upgraded then I think the club are in for the long haul with him.
Awesome insight champ. Many thanks!! :D

Would probably expect with the time we have put into him and the fact we may have a few extra spots on this list next year we will probably re-rookie similar to Tanner last year, but great to have such thorough assessment of where he is at. Legend.

Back