Analysis Peel Thunder 2015 (TV schedule in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Much better, not being killed in the contest anymore. I think that subi ruck is only good for about 20 mins of effort. Griffin starting to own him, showing some value.

I reckon we should rookie list him at the end of the year. Still very raw but I like him

Seems fairly cool down back, confident as well as he's not afraid to take the kick ins. Fairly high pick originally too from memory so must have some potential.

Didn't enjoy the first quarter, all our guys looked out of their depth. 2nd quarter looked a lot more promising. Tom Vandeleur is pretty tough. Some moron slid into his legs at full pace. Just got up and took the free kick. Subiaco defender on Duffy is pathetic. Hits Duffy about 5-6 times in the chest, Duffy gives him one back and he pleads to the umpire. So soft. It's embarrassing to watch.

Struggling in the conditions so far but worked harder in the 2nd.

Lachie playing well even though it isn't his kind of conditions and Ballard/Blakely trying hard. Grey is very good defensively but not really a midfielder. Moller seems to be getting more confidence and Hurley has been OK too. Not much else to mention really with Crozier and Gu going alright but maybe in limited game time?

Weller has vision. Can just spot the gap in a defense. Seriously excited. Has just enough pace to get his kicks away. He doesn't have break neck pace. I'd rookie list Bootsma and Yarran. But I'd put Yarran in the back line. Footskills are good. Could play the role of fast paced rebounder. Would be good transitioning the ball out of defense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could smack mathers, i swear. how he gets a game over mitch gill is beyond me.
We agree on something! Mathers is awfull. Everytime he gets within 5 metres of the ball I immediately note down a goal to DeLuca.

I hadn't seen a Peel game since last year. If Hancock, Mathers and Wilkins are 3 of the best 6 players on Peels list it's an indictment.

Not a seasoned Peel watcher, but so far some observations:

Weller should be the closest to debut, has skillset to be useful immediately, like Simpson's debut. I'd have him in before Blakely

Moller far more coordinated than i expected, probably already more useful as fwd/ruck than Hannath and maybe Griffin

Hurley ball handling and agility excellent, didnt realise how massive he was

Duffy - classic Duffy

Vandeluer, Hughes come on significantly since I last saw em

Bootsma - they simply have to rookie him

Croz - getting his hands dirty, like Ballard usually does

Comparisons with Dawson are a bit unfair, Bootsma is a decent kick.

I think Moller is moving across the ground much better than I've seen in the past. Griffin the exact opposite.

I referenced Bootsma's spoiling timing as Dawson-esque, nothing more

We agree on something! Mathers is awfull. Everytime he gets within 5 metres of the ball I immediately note down a goal to DeLuca.

I hadn't seen a Peel game since last year. If Hancock, Mathers and Wilkins are 3 of the best 6 players on Peels list it's an indictment.
Are you saying you don't usually agree with me:)
Some of the Peel guys look like Sunday league players at times. Laine Wilkins was considered draftable a couple of years ago and Hankock is usually ok but not today. Mather has been like this all year and keeps getting a game.

I referenced Bootsma's spoiling timing as Dawson-esque, nothing more

No I was speaking generally, the Dawson comparisons have been made since he got to Peel. His actual defending is very Zac-like no doubt. Would also like to see us rookie him, he looks a better prospect than Tanner Smith anyway.

No I was speaking generally, the Dawson comparisons have been made since he got to Peel. His actual defending is very Zac-like no doubt. Would also like to see us rookie him, he looks a better prospect than Tanner Smith anyway.
Yeah. In a apparently shallow draft he could be a good rookie pick.

God Peel getting slaughtered. The commentary on 91.3 is a little grating to listen to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back