Peel Thunder Supporters Thread

Demons09

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2009
rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Re: Peel Thunder Supporters Thread - 2009

just thought id add a few recent things that have happened post season.

ben howlett was the winner of the tuckey fairest and best medal for 09.
runner up was simon rosa.
kain robins was the leading goal scorer.

kieran butcher won the colts fairest and best and finished 09 playing in the league along with harley bennell who finished runner up.

chris waterman left the club as coach and will now coach subiaco in 2010.

trevor williams has been appointed the new coaching position.

the club has signed perth midfielder brendon jones.

Demons star signs with Thunder

KARENA COX
22/10/2009 4:00:00 AM
PEEL Thunder has finally got its man.After a bid to sign up prolific Perth midfielder Brendon Jones before the start of the 2009 season fell through, Peel struck a deal with the 23-year-old last week.
Jones was set to line up for the Mandurah-based WA Football League this year but Peel was unable to negotiate a deal with the Demons who refused to clear him.
Last season’s Perth best and fairest Butcher medallist, Jones was contracted to the Demons in 2009 but had indicated he wanted to move to Peel for family reasons.
Now out of contract, Jones was free to sign with Peel - which he has done and will now be with Thunder for at least the next two years.
“I needed a change and a fresh start,” Jones said.
“I have family in Mandurah which will make the transition easier.”
Originally from Quairading AFA, Jones made his league debut for Perth in 2004 and has since totalled 101 senior games - his 100th was against Peel in round 22 this year.
He has finished inside the top five in the Sandover Medal count for the past two years.
This season he averaged 26 possessions a game and has built a reputation as one of the hardest working on-ballers in the WAFL.
Peel chief executive Russ Clark rated Jones as one of the best recruits the club had ever seen.
“Not too many blokes finish in the top five of the Sandover Medal two years in a row,” Clark said.
Meanwhile rumours of Peel youngster Blayne Wilson moving to the Gold Coast at the end of the year were doused after Peel Thunder chief executive Russ Clark announced at a function last Friday the 17-year-old would remain at Peel next season.
Wilson was hotly tipped to be picked up by the Gold Coast to play in the VFL next year under Guy McKenna.
But Wilson received a call from Gold Coast officials last week confirming he would not make the move next year.
Thunder will kick off its pre-season training on November 9 under new senior coach Trevor Williams.
And on arrival Jonesy will pick up a pair of db,s,banjo and a whole stack of wooden spoons to add to his house on the canals.

Nov 6, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Essendon

lol great way of showing your sour grapes buddy. After playing a couple of very good years service in your midfield just because he wants to move on for family reasons you have to come on here and bash him. a decent club and it's supporters would understand players personal decisions and be good sports about it e.g judd to carlton e.g ash thorton to perth was the same thing yet we didnt blame him or judge him because he wanted to be closer for training with wc.

stick to your own thread with your stupid comments douche.

pacemaker

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast

lol great way of showing your sour grapes buddy. After playing a couple of very good years service in your midfield just because he wants to move on for family reasons you have to come on here and bash him. a decent club and it's supporters would understand players personal decisions and be good sports about it e.g judd to carlton e.g ash thorton to perth was the same thing yet we didnt blame him or judge him because he wanted to be closer for training with wc.

LOL he is from Rockingham I believe that is part of the PEEL region.
Jones should make a huge difference to the side in 2010:rolleyes:

Demons09

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2009
rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle

A decent person wouldn't stand up in front of members at the F&B night and say that he loves the club and will be their in 2010 only to sign up for a another club a week later, theres a fair bit of character coming your way buddy, family reasons my arse, what i can't understand how a club that was 300,000 in debt only last year can now afford to go out and purchase these players, sums up the Peel football club, unfortunately the Wafc is week as **** they have opened up a can of worms allowing this team in the comp, but after losing 5 of your better players from last year and another spoon on the way in 2010 the pressure must be on to act.

Demons09

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2009
rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle

LOL he is from Rockingham I believe that is part of the PEEL region.
Jones should make a huge difference to the side in 2010:rolleyes:
As much as i hate the idea of Peel being in the Wafl comp, i reckon the team would of made a better fist of it if they had been located in Rockingham, maybe they should merge with Sowfs.

pacemaker

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast

LOL at merge with souths. there would only be about 3 players from the peel league team that would be lucky enough to play in our premiership reserves side let alone our premiership league side. The Peel resys can play for the rockingham rams LOL :D

Nov 6, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Essendon

A decent person wouldn't stand up in front of members at the F&B night and say that he loves the club and will be their in 2010 only to sign up for a another club a week later

happens at every footy club mate. players come players go. fact of life.

theres a fair bit of character coming your way buddy,.

he must have some character to finish in the top five of competitions medal for the last two years.

what i can't understand how a club that was 300,000 in debt only last year can now afford to go out and purchase these players, sums up the Peel football club, .

if you dont understand how a football club operates and how money can be bought to a club via membership, sponsership, community support then maybe its not your place to comment especially if your not from that club and dont know the internal workings of it.

unfortunately the Wafc is week as **** they have opened up a can of worms allowing this team in the comp, but after losing 5 of your better players from last year and another spoon on the way in 2010 the pressure must be on to act.

i love all you peel bashers and how it still irks you all so much that they decided to bring another team in. that was over ten years ago and you still havent gotten over it. the only worms i see are you still wriggling around about it. theres no pressure buddy peels here for good.

yes we lost 5 of our better players but we probably got your best haha and should be able to pick up a few more by the seasons start. you cant say well be spooners in 2010 unless youve got a crystal ball.

again can i remind you to keep your pathetic club bashing to your own thread and stop hyjacking this one which is for the peel thunder football club. thankyou.

Demons09

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2009
rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle

happens at every footy club mate. players come players go. fact of life.

he must have some character to finish in the top five of competitions medal for the last two years.

if you dont understand how a football club operates and how money can be bought to a club via membership, sponsership, community support then maybe its not your place to comment especially if your not from that club and dont know the internal workings of it.

i love all you peel bashers and how it still irks you all so much that they decided to bring another team in. that was over ten years ago and you still havent gotten over it. the only worms i see are you still wriggling around about it. theres no pressure buddy peels here for good.

yes we lost 5 of our better players but we probably got your best haha and should be able to pick up a few more by the seasons start. you cant say well be spooners in 2010 unless youve got a crystal ball.

again can i remind you to keep your pathetic club bashing to your own thread and stop hyjacking this one which is for the peel thunder football club. thankyou.
Our best player i dont think so, Ross Young is way ahead in that department but he will be your best player no doubt he will be your only decent midfielder, at Perth he had the luxury of getting the second or third tagger that wont happen at Peel, not only will he have to carry his 21 team mates but a tagger as well, the one good thing about his disloyalty is that he didn't go to a Subi or a Souths, so that wont come back to bite Perth in the ass which means that he wont be playing finals or in a premiership in his career, no doubt that family might have had something to do with it but most footy players see finals as the ultimate reason they play footy, and i dont need a crystal ball to see that wont be happening and nor did Waterman.

Nov 6, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Essendon

Our best player i dont think so, Ross Young is way ahead in that department but he will be your best player no doubt he will be your only decent midfielder, at Perth he had the luxury of getting the second or third tagger that wont happen at Peel, not only will he have to carry his 21 team mates but a tagger as well, the one good thing about his disloyalty is that he didn't go to a Subi or a Souths, so that wont come back to bite Perth in the ass which means that he wont be playing finals or in a premiership in his career, no doubt that family might have had something to do with it but most footy players see finals as the ultimate reason they play footy, and i dont need a crystal ball to see that wont be happening and nor did Waterman.

agreed we don't have the list of other clubs. unfortunatley over the years we havent been able to keep a core group together with young players getting drafted and experienced players moving on. because we are a small club in the scheme of things those players are difficult to replace. we are a young club and until we have a team with some decent experience well always face an uphill battle. i do know there are going to be a few new faces around the club and we will surprise a few teams this year. time shall tell.

purple anchor

Rookie
Oct 4, 2006
Donnybrook
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WAFL competion

agreed we don't have the list of other clubs. unfortunatley over the years we havent been able to keep a core group together with young players getting drafted and experienced players moving on. because we are a small club in the scheme of things those players are difficult to replace. we are a young club and until we have a team with some decent experience well always face an uphill battle. i do know there are going to be a few new faces around the club and we will surprise a few teams this year. time shall tell.

One of the great things about having Trev Williams as our coach is that he has encouraged many of the good young players that won colts premierships with him to return and give senior footy a go. Obviously they'll need development time but players and coach have mutual respect for each other. Add into that the addition of Marty Atkins in our Football Development and coaching team - a huge bonus! :thumbsu:

purple anchor

Rookie
Oct 4, 2006
Donnybrook
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WAFL competion

Daniel Haines His leadership is unquestionable in an inexperienced club that is trying to build tradition. Look to Rory O'Brien, Danny Chartes and Brendan Jones to be Vice Captains.

pacemaker

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast

Daniel Haines His leadership is unquestionable in an inexperienced club that is trying to build tradition. Look to Rory O'Brien, Danny Chartes and Brendan Jones to be Vice Captains.

Brendan Jones to be Vice Captain? I would be pissed If I was around playing at the club and someone who just walks in gets a VC gig. I can't see that happening.

Just Charters and O'brien as Vices

purple anchor

Rookie
Oct 4, 2006
Donnybrook
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WAFL competion

Let's face it. With the retirement of Brandon Hill, Ben Howlett being a rookie to Essendon and I believe Kane Bloxidge playing in country Victoria, There aren't too many more 50 + game players left to choose from. Brendon is supposedly well liked and respected, and has a development role with the club.

pacemaker

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast

Let's face it. With the retirement of Brandon Hill, Ben Howlett being a rookie to Essendon and I believe Kane Bloxidge playing in country Victoria, There aren't too many more 50 + game players left to choose from. Brendon is supposedly well liked and respected, and has a development role with the club.

Well is Brendon Hill playing in the countryas well on top of that job?

Why has Kane moved to country Victoria? Is it for work commitments? And why country? More money on the side?

purple anchor

Rookie
Oct 4, 2006
Donnybrook
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WAFL competion

Apologies to Hayden MacCloud and Matt Battye These guys would also be considered for vice captains. I meant Bendon (not Hills) Jones is working in a development role. Not sure why Kane has moved to country Victoria.
Maybe links with Lock, Robbins or Rosa.

purple anchor

Rookie
Oct 4, 2006
Donnybrook
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WAFL competion

Another thought for vice captain would be Robbie Beswick. He was a great colts leader (captain) and is well liked and respected by other players and Trev Williams knows his ability in this area. Also should continue to make league sides now that he has finally broken through.
Onya Bessie!:D

pacemaker

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast

So Peters is it just you supporting Peel this year???

Will there be a Peel 2010 thread?

swannies

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Minor Comp Winner Armchair Endzone Participant
Oct 27, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Everton

So Peters is it just you supporting Peel this year???

Will there be a Peel 2010 thread?

Thought you might be asking. Actually, peterss has another fellow supporter, Frothies!:eek:

pacemaker

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast

PLAYERS WANTED

Anyone who can play

Peel Thunder are currently searching for anyone type of players who believe they have what it takes to kick a footy and hit a target.

We will he holding tryouts tomorrow at Bendigo Stadium for any potential players who believe they can take the thunder to the next step. We will host a handball competition like the one on the Sunday footy show on channel 9 and will use the same wheel for kicking.

We are willing to take the best 15 potential players who record the best results and consider these players for selection againist South Fremantle next weekend. We don't mind if you have only played 4 games as a junior, have a number of chronic injuries or even if you are in a wheel chair we will even consider having on aboard. We look forward in seeing you Sunday at 9am for the tryouts and look forward in seeing you there.

Hoops33

Debutant
Feb 17, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Apologies to Hayden MacCloud and Matt Battye These guys would also be considered for vice captains. I meant Bendon (not Hills) Jones is working in a development role. Not sure why Kane has moved to country Victoria.
Maybe links with Lock, Robbins or Rosa.

Kane Bloxsidge is playing at Eaglehawk with Lock and Robins. Luke Hammond is at Golden Square with Simon Rosa, both in the Bendigo Football League

pacemaker

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast

Kane Bloxsidge is playing at Eaglehawk with Lock and Robins. Luke Hammond is at Golden Square with Simon Rosa, both in the Bendigo Football League

Is that comp the SWFL of Victoria in terms of cash? Brodie Filo was there as well I believe I can't quite out my finger why he was there in the first place being from Mandurah at such a young age. Surely it was more than just cash??

peeledsupporter

Draftee
May 28, 2010
mandurah
AFL Club
Fremantle

Hi fellow supporters, I just had to kick in here and have a go about Peels progress etc. Well Trevor came in with the right attitude and that was players would only play league if deserved ie: reputations were out the door. To an extent this has happened however the same old rot is creeping back in. It is hard enough to keep good experienced players in the WAFL especially in the Reserves which is treated abhorrently.
Anyone whom has been watching the reserves and league would have noticed certain "high profile" player whom is horribly out of form was dropped to the 2s and has struggled to get a kick, yet lo and behold he is back in league team this week. I do not mean to single him out as this is all to familiar. Well some may say what is there to replace him? simple the league has struggled most of this season and Michael Holmes has been in excellant form to name one. I believe he has been BOG 3 times twice in a row yet incredibly has not been given a league berth. Considering the team has been stricken by injuries and a lack of form in many players he would be justified in being more than dissapointed with the selection panel. Further Michael is a versatile player whom can hold down many positions down back or up forward. Secondly Todd Kocevich has shown great strength and desperation for such a big bloke and could easily have come into the league this week and been thrown anywhere including CHF and you could count on him giving 150%, now it might not always be pretty but pretty is not what its about. This would send a message to the Reserves that any player in form is truly a chance of playing league and would better the playing group harmony. Also throwing colts players up into league without them having any experience against senior players (ie: a game in the reserves) is another kick in the guts for those in the ressies. Peel Thunder as a club need to balance their obsession with getting youngsters Drafted to the AFL with the need to be successful on the field.
sorry for the whinge but wtf.

Back