Rumour Pendlebury 2009 assault- what actually happened!

Remove this Banner Ad

Story I heard matches. Mind you, I could have just heard the same rumour as this spag pocket.
End of the day, who cares?

Haha alrighty here goes.
Firstly details of this are taken from a bunch of different friends of mine who were there at the time. I was in qld so my information is from friends I've known my whole life, doesnt mean you should trust them but I do!
Also I do not condone violence or king hitting at all.

The drinking session I'm told really got going at a pub about 15mins out of lakes. This place is a lot quieter so reports from here aren't clear or easily found. There was four of them I think (Bendles and his mates.) they were said to be rude and abusive to the staff. While at one stage one of the four (could've been the inspirational leader) urinated at the bar.
This is when they were kindly asked to leave. Which they did. And yes this is also the publican who was quoted as saying they were 'perfectly behaved'.....I wonder what could've prompted such an response...... (it is said the Cobringwood officials were there before dawn doing damage control, aka paying off the barman! which always bugged me because lakes is four hours from Melbourne....they were so quick!)

Then they moved on into the town of Lakes itself. Not many bars to choose from so everyone ends up in the same place in the end. our mate 'Bendles' was getting around telling the girls to get their gear off (amongst plenty of other suggestive things), telling the fellas he'd fight any of em. Just arguing with anyone basically. Then he poured drinks over some of the girls heads! Wrong girl too as it turns out. She was there with her fiancé, whom I grew up with, played footy with and even watched him get married a couple of years later.
Pouring the drink over this girl was pretty much the tipping point from what I've heard.
The actual king hit part is the most unclear when it comes to details but it seems the group of four were leaving and they had some people following them, people who they had been arguing with all night. The local guy I know kept trying to get Bendles to confront him but he just kept walking away while words were being exchanged between the drunken groups. Then that's where the hit has come in I suppose, the guy I know lost his patience.
On a side note, the guy that filmed that shitty phone camera footage got like $1500 for his video and it's basically the sole reason charges were laid.
Next time I talk to the guys that were there I'll ask them again for some more interesting details. They are all only too happy to share! Haha.
Also I knew/trained (poorly) alongside him at the tac level, always thought he was super confident but this story did surprise me.
Lol if you weren't some no name Internet troll you would be sued for defamation

811842.gif

Great thread, would read again :thumbsu:

I especially like the "I even watched him get married" part, don't think I've ever heard anyone phrase going to a friends wedding quite like that before.

I love how the pre-hit information is clear as mud but information gets iffy when an actual crime is committed.

lmao, this thread is hilarious

Windbreakers recollection of the story is world class. He seems so giddy to be telling us vague third-hand details of a minor incident that happened 6 years ago.

and the code name Bendles ... excellent way to avoid a law suit windbreaker, youre a genius!

He doesn't seem "giddy" to tell the story at all. He just posted it and all you're pouncing all over him because you love gossip and want to believe him but you can't so you're lashing out. :D

I think "Bendles" is just a funny spin on his name as he was out on a crazy bender. It's obvious who the thread is about, it's in the title. Calm down old mate.

If true it's not a minor incident, these are the kinds of stories we don't hear about because the people witnessing the events get paid off and any footage is taken away as to not damage the clubs/leagues/players reputation.

So someone who walks away from what clearly appears to be a mob of westy, coastal bogans, trying to start streets fights by hugely out numbering a group of men... Then gets king hit from behind... Knocked out, smashed teeth and the Op appears to be proud of the punch! To which the westy bogans cheered.

The publican and barman apparently lied cause apparently they accepted bribes from Collingwood (and lied to the courts???), after it appears "bendles" had lots and lots of indiscretions... That not one of your bogan mates filmed on their phones!

Cool story bro.

FYI... It's not called a king hit anymore it's called a "Cowards" Punch. If it had have happened last weekend... You're buddy you're so proud of would be looking at serious time.

Bogan, Westy Coasties. Get some new mates.

Far East in this case but apart from the directional issues what you said seems like a reasonable assessment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back