Pendleburys Leadership

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 7, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Swansea, Wizards
Considering the flack Cotchin gets about his 'leadership' at Richmond, it was very interesting watch the two of them go about there business in the last half today.

Cotchin took the game by the scruff of his neck, won hard balls inside, spread really well and was the difference between the two sides.

Pendlebury was practically unsighted for either quarter when the game was there to be won.

The 'hard-hitting' journalists like Mark Robinson and Rohan Connoly will surely be out this week with their knifes sharpened chasing Pendles?

Would be very harsh to bag Pendles on the basis of this game. He has been such a consistent star in all departments.

Cotchin is not even a flat track bully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think the right way to argue the journos criticism over Cotchin is to then criticise Pendlebury.

Bob Murphy made a crucial clanger late in the game that let the Dockers go forward or something - he's still a fantastic captain. Pendles had a s**t game - he's still a fantastic captain.

OP, if Pendelbury has an extended run of poor games then fair enough but you've shot the bolt a bit early. Probably should wait a while for a build up.

Poor bugger could hardly move in the final quarter. Don't forgrt pendles was winning norm smiths at the same age cot him was tagged out of a game by ******* Brent mcaffer
Cotchin should have been award a Brownlow and may yet be award one if WADA have their way.

That said, even in a poor game by Pendlebury's standards he still had plenty moments where I thought "how the f#@% did he do that?". Will inevitable bounce back, most likely next week.

Either just looked at the stats or are just a terrible observer of football matches. Take your pick.

Clearly hampered tonight, hence the unusual circumstances of not impacting the contest like he almost always does. Probably out best I the Adelaide and Geelong losses too when we were up against it, s**t thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back