Peninsula FL - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

I have heard Edithvale - Aspendale have been training for the last few weeks under new coach Troy Shannon. Also heard they have done alot recruiting as well. Could be the big improver for 2011.

IMS. Would it be possible to get some tags for this board for the three different divisions? :thumbsu:

Tags????

I think we will leave it how it is now due to the dependance on traffic to how long it will stay...

I have heard Edithvale - Aspendale have been training for the last few weeks under new coach Troy Shannon. Also heard they have done alot recruiting as well. Could be the big improver for 2011.
Does it really matter? YCW have all the money and should win at least next years flag...Mt Eliza better pull their finger out before the window is shut on them.

I wish the Tigers could...a big turnover of players and a new coach.Terrific memories of Donny to Irvo at the centre taps...unforgetable.

Dunno where this fella is from do you. I played with a guy of the same name up near Bendigo and would be interested to knoow if it is the same fella....little tough bloke??

he is from edi-asp - local boy, apparently will fit right in with culture of the young guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard that 6 or 7 of the boys who found themselves locked in the Sharks 1sts last year will struggle to make the side this year.

Troy McKenzie is back but that is the only confirmed signing ive heard at the moment. Havent been down there as im playing in the VAFA this year so im only going on word of mouth ive heard from the guys down there. :thumbsu:

Anyone shed some light on this weeks's Leader story in Pot Shots

"A Peninsula League club's get together turned nasty recently. The story goes that an argument led to a punch being thrown by a player and landing on the nose of an official. Another player also threw one as things got out of hand. We hear the players have been given their marching orders, which is a shame as they were amongst the clubs best".

hmmmmm

You would think that Frankston YCW would have the premiership in the bag, they just appear totally superior to every other side in the competition.

Any younger up and comers that we should be keeping our eyes open for?

Watched Karingal over run the Dogs on the weekend and as a mornington follower thought a boilover was on the cards at 3/4 time. The pups were great for the first three quarters, but in the end size,experience and a ruckman going over was the difference. Luke Van Ray BOG by a mile,no idea how they nominated Lade ahead of him, 8 goals stands out i suppose.

Couldn't help noticing though the Bulls will need to spend up in the coming years. Peckett, Lade, Malloy can't play much longer, and with the generation gap that will be created by having no under 18s this year, there won't be much coming through in the next 2-3 years.

Frankston YCW lost their first game this year. Pines beat them by a point at the Snake Pit on Saturday.

Can remember a couple of years ago Pines did the same thing to an undefeated Seaford in their premiership year as well. Fascinating that Pines seem to be the giant killers. :thumbsu:

Frankston YCW lost their first game this year. Pines beat them by a point at the Snake Pit on Saturday.

Can remember a couple of years ago Pines did the same thing to an undefeated Seaford in their premiership year as well. Fascinating that Pines seem to be the giant killers. :thumbsu:

I'm just wondering if this might put a bit of belief into Karingal and Chelsea. Suddenly they might start to think YCW are beatable. Whilst YCW SHOULD still go on and win the GF, I can name plenty of raging favorites that have gotten beat in the big one (two undefeated teams in country footy spring to mind who got beat in the GF).

We still haven't seen Karingal (with Lade) take on YCW. Should be a great final series. In the words of Leigh Matthews quoting Arnie

"If it bleeds then we can kill it".

I'm just wondering if this might put a bit of belief into Karingal and Chelsea. Suddenly they might start to think YCW are beatable. Whilst YCW SHOULD still go on and win the GF, I can name plenty of raging favorites that have gotten beat in the big one (two undefeated teams in country footy spring to mind who got beat in the GF).

We still haven't seen Karingal (with Lade) take on YCW. Should be a great final series. In the words of Leigh Matthews quoting Arnie

"If it bleeds then we can kill it".

The oracle:thumbsu: Interesting series now, the Tiges beating Chelsea and Karingal winning straight through after beating YCW. Interesting game this week, YCW should win but who knows!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back